Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Can use Smart Knob be the control of moode?
Can customize this Smart rotary knob be the control of moode? Does anyone know how difficult?

(12-04-2022, 12:48 PM)Alfred76 Wrote: Can customize this Smart rotary knob be the control of moode? Does anyone know how difficult?

First, go to m>Configure>Audio and on the Audio configuration page scroll down to Volume Options and change the "USB volume knob" setting to "On". Don't forget to "SET".

Now try your knob. You should be able to control volume at least.

The information bubble for this setting says "Activates the triggerhappy key mapping daemon for USB volume knobs. Refer to /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d/media.conf for key/event mappings."

My 2-year old FAQ posting Using FLIRC and other USB input devices... is somewhat obsolete now that moOde has the above setting built in but it is still useful for learning how to find out what keycodes are being emitted by your knob to use with media.conf.

In my case, I have a Drok USB Volume Control Knob. It is a rotary encoder combined with a push-button action. Out of the box, this works with the moOde feature to control volume but pushing on the knob turns mute on and off. I have to modify media.conf to map the push-button action to play/pause instead.

Good luck.

Regards,
Kent
@Alfred76

And then I wrote "I have to modify media.conf to map the push-button action to play/pause instead."

Sorry, I was thinking of using the FLIRC with a multi-button controller when I wrote that. I could map the play button and the pause button separately in media.conf.

Implementing the play/pause capability is more complicated with the Drok volume control knob. It takes some because play and pause are two different commands to mpd (internal to moOde) rather than the single toggle-action mute command to Tim's vol.sh code. I haven't tried this recently.

Regards,
Kent