Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Access "M" menu when Spotify or Airplay connected
Lightbulb 
It would be great to have the ability to update configuration or setting when Spotify or Airplay are connected.

There are ways around it by opening the menu before connecting, but not great if you are already connected.
(12-08-2022, 07:52 PM)tdubb Wrote: It would be great to have the ability to update configuration or setting when Spotify or Airplay are connected.

There are ways around it by opening the menu before connecting, but not great if you are already connected.

A quick-n-dirty method is to enter <player name or address>/sys-config.php into the address bar of your browser.

So, for example

moode/sys-config.php
moode.local/sys-config.php
192.18.0.47/sys-config.php

or whatever is right for your player.

Regards,
Kent
(12-08-2022, 07:52 PM)tdubb Wrote: It would be great to have the ability to update configuration or setting when Spotify or Airplay are connected.

When a renderer is playing it needs a configuration that does not change otherwise breakage will occur.

I'm curious though, what settings do you need to change when Spotify or Airplay is playing?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
@TheOldPresbyope, good call. But not ideal.

@Tim, audio settings and honestly, tinkering. Ideally I would like to be able to change EQ settings on the fly, so I can hear an audible change.
(12-08-2022, 09:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm curious though, what settings do you need to change when Spotify or Airplay is playing?

I find I sometimes forget to set my CamillaDSP profile before starting a renderer. Listening through the big speakers with my headphone profile activated is interesting.
----------------
Robert
It's a valid usage scenario and I could just add an "EQ" button to the renderer overlay but the challenge is that to make EQ setting changes effective for a renderer, at least when using Parametric or Graphic EQ, the renderer has to be restarted which would cause the client to disconnect.

IIRC CamillaDSP profiles can be changed realtime and so no need to restart renderer. There is a TODO item to rewrite the Graphic and Parametric EQ to use Camilla profiles but its not a high priority, at least on my list. Maybe another dev will take it on.
Enjoy the Music!
(12-15-2022, 12:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's a valid usage scenario and I could just add an "EQ" button to the renderer overlay but the challenge is that to make EQ setting changes effective for a renderer, at least when using Parametric or Graphic EQ, the renderer has to be restarted which would cause the client to disconnect.

IIRC CamillaDSP profiles can be changed realtime and so no need to restart renderer. There is a TODO item to rewrite the Graphic and Parametric EQ to use Camilla profiles but  its not a high priority, at least on my list. Maybe another dev will take it on.

I agree that it is only really valid for CamillaDSP.  Perhaps adding the fast profile switch feature from next to the M icon would be way to go?
----------------
Robert
(12-16-2022, 09:43 AM)the_bertrum Wrote:
(12-15-2022, 12:21 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: It's a valid usage scenario and I could just add an "EQ" button to the renderer overlay but the challenge is that to make EQ setting changes effective for a renderer, at least when using Parametric or Graphic EQ, the renderer has to be restarted which would cause the client to disconnect.

IIRC CamillaDSP profiles can be changed realtime and so no need to restart renderer. There is a TODO item to rewrite the Graphic and Parametric EQ to use Camilla profiles but  its not a high priority, at least on my list. Maybe another dev will take it on.

I agree that it is only really valid for CamillaDSP.  Perhaps adding the fast profile switch feature from next to the M icon would be way to go?

Yes, it would be something like that.
Enjoy the Music!
(12-08-2022, 09:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

When a renderer is playing it needs a configuration that does not change otherwise breakage will occur.

I'm curious though, what settings do you need to change when Spotify or Airplay is playing?

(Other than the amount of work needed to change the approach, I appreciate all the work being done here!) I am curious why one wouldn't have full access to them menus and settings. Why shouldn't the additional renders work similar to MPD, in terms of the UI/UX flow?
(01-14-2023, 03:42 AM)tdubb Wrote:
(12-08-2022, 09:20 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

(Other than the amount of work needed to change the approach, I appreciate all the work being done here!) I am curious why one wouldn't have full access to them menus and settings. Why shouldn't the additional renders work similar to MPD, in terms of the UI/UX flow?

it's mainly because any settings changes that would result in a renderer being restarted would disconnect clients unlike restarting MPD where the client connections are automatically reestablished by the WeBUI.

The alternate renderers are separate playback applications with their own unique clients. The WebUI wouldn't be of any use except for possibly offering an EQ option on the renderer overlay screen or in the case of Airplay and Spotify Connect its possible to capture and display album art and metadata but thats not implemented in moOde.

In your usage scenario what settings changes do you need when playing a renderer?
Enjoy the Music!