Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Very strange behaviour from moode
Moode is continually restarting.
I have a screen attatched to my pi 3b+ running moode 8.2.2. I wouldn't have known this was happening otherwise.
I reimaged the card and thought it had solved the issue but maybe 1 hour later I see it has started doing it again.
I can't connect while its doing this so am unable to turn off or restart or access the ssh terminal.
It just carries on doing it over and over and over until I switch it off at the wall. 
It also seems to lose the configuration settings after a while as everything on the screen is upside down now.

after reimaging the card I played a couple of songs to confirm it worked, it did, and the just paused playback. As mentioned, about an hour later it has started doing this again.

SD card issue? I don't have a spare one to test it
Could be hardware...what power supply are you using (Make & Model # ?)
What else is connected to the Pi ?  USB drives ? powered or Pi powered ?
----------
bob
(12-14-2022, 07:31 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Could be hardware...what power supply are you using (Make & Model # ?)
What else is connected to the Pi ?  USB drives ? powered or Pi powered ?

I have one of those ifi power supplies. Allo digione and a 7" screen with its own power supply.
I will try another power supply
Yep, the power supply is the problem.
I think you’re on the right lines, I tried the iFi PSU with my 3B+ and DigiOne Sig, and it was definately not a happy bunny.

I found a PSU with a 3A capability, and that seems to be happy with 3B+, IQAudio DAC Pro, and the 7 inch screen. I think it was an Amazon jobbie.
(12-14-2022, 11:49 PM)suzywong Wrote: I think you’re on the right lines, I tried the iFi PSU with my 3B+ and DigiOne Sig, and it was definately not a happy bunny.

I found a PSU with a 3A capability, and that seems to be happy with 3B+, IQAudio DAC Pro, and the 7 inch screen. I think it was an Amazon jobbie.

I've been using the ifi ipower for several years and never had an issue. I think the wires in the barrel to micro usb part have broken as I am using the barrel to female  usb cord now with another micro usb cable plugged into that and it seems to be fine.
Matt, you need a cheap multi-meter to verify and troubleshoot. :-)
----------
bob