Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Track order of album displays correctly but plays incorrectly
Hello all

First post so apologies if I have got something wrong.

I have my cd collection (ripped to flac and tagged using MusicBrainz Picard) on a samba share. When selecting an album from the library the track listng is diplayed in the correct order as per the original album. However the album starts playing on a 'seemingly random' track and selecting next will move to another 'seemingly random' track. I would like it to play in sequence through the tracks as per the album order.

Now this seems to me to be something that others would have reported if it were an issue, but cannot find any reference to it all on the forum. So I must be doing something wrong but what? The shuffle option is off as are the  Consume, Single and Repeat options. I have rebuilt the library and I have cleared the tag cache all to no avail.

Any advice/help would be much appreciated.
Thats very odd.

The only setting that could directly cause this is "random play". In the screen shot it's the button below the volume knob thats highlighted red.

It's state is also reported by the Mac command

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ mpc
Christopher Parkening - Bach: Violin Partita #2 In D Minor, BWV 1004 - Chaconne
[paused]  #62/69   0:05/13:14 (0%)
volume: 33%   repeat: off   random: on    single: off   consume: off
pi@moode:~ $

ETA: Also are the tracks listed in the correct order in the Queue on the main Playback page?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-22-2023, 04:47 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thats very odd.

The only setting that could directly cause this is "random play". In the screen shot it's the button below the volume knob thats highlighted red.

It's state is also reported by the Mac command

Code:
pi@moode:~ $ mpc
Christopher Parkening - Bach: Violin Partita #2 In D Minor, BWV 1004 - Chaconne
[paused]  #62/69   0:05/13:14 (0%)
volume: 33%   repeat: off   random: on    single: off   consume: off
pi@moode:~ $

ETA: Also are the tracks listed in the correct order in the Queue on the main Playback page?

Also. there is a setting under Audio => MPD Options: Auto-shuffle... maybe that got ON for any reason?
OK, well I feel like a fool Blush .

The Theme and Higlight choice (Whiteshade and Silver) made it look like shuffle was disabled when it was actually enabled. The mpc command was very helpful.

Thank you and sorry for wasting your time.

How do I mark this as resolved?
Yes that combo makes it pretty hard to discern the highlight.

Just edit your original post and pick SOLVED from the dropdown menu.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub