Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

zZeNn's setup and questions
Hi All

Few weeks ago I decided to build myself a new audio system for my man cave Big Grin
I use a Sonos system in the rest of the house, so I want to have the same experience with my new system.

Prerequisites:

- "Always on" streaming setup ( no tuning on/off, no remotes,....)
- 100% streaming usage using Phone/Tablet as remote
- Volume control over App 
- Room correction, real DSP Funktion (filters, Parametric EQ, ....)
- No fortune to spend!

Time to sit down and plan the setup:

[Image: oy064Rp.jpg]

After several other systems which never worked to 100% I finally found moOde, what an awesome product!
Config over web UI and I had Spotify connect + Airplay working within minutes, thank you so much for this.

Probably these are totally noob question but here we go:

Where can I see what sampling rate the DAC has been set to?
Is there a way to have a 12v trigger out of the Pi?

Cheers
(01-31-2023, 11:17 PM)zZeNn Wrote: Hi All

Few weeks ago I decided to build myself a new audio system for my man cave Big Grin
I use a Sonos system in the rest of the house, so I want to have the same experience with my new system.

Prerequisites:

- "Always on" streaming setup ( no tuning on/off, no remotes,....)
- 100% streaming usage using Phone/Tablet as remote
- Volume control over App 
- Room correction, real DSP Funktion (filters, Parametric EQ, ....)
- No fortune to spend!

Time to sit down and plan the setup:

[Image: oy064Rp.jpg]

After several other systems which never worked to 100% I finally found moOde, what an awesome product!
Config over web UI and I had Spotify connect + Airplay working within minutes, thank you so much for this.

Probably these are totally noob question but here we go:

Where can I see what sampling rate the DAC has been set to?
Is there a way to have a 12v trigger out of the Pi?

Ceers

The data format being sent to the DAC can be seen in the audio information (now-playing screen, click on the text under the albumart, or click the three-dots, then select Audio info), under the playback tab.

You should be able to see:

file encoding
stream decoding
output rate (this is what your DAC is getting)

About the 12v trigger (which I suppose you would like to fire upon starting playback, to power-up your amp) I cannot say for sure, but I think not...
@Nutul
The problem is that you cannot see anything in the GUI as long as you use Spotify Connect or AirPlay.
Is there any other way to see what the soundcard is receiving and processing?

You are right about the 12v trigger, this would be to power an amp, perhaps something can be done on the gpio of the pi. I will do some research.
(02-01-2023, 06:34 PM)zZeNn Wrote: The problem is that you cannot see anything in the GUI as long as you use Spotify Connect or AirPlay.

Yep, now I get you. You'll need someone else to answer this; although I believe these renderers bypass MPD completely, so moode doesn't know what they do...

[quote pid='45000' dateline='1675276453']
You are right about the 12v trigger, this would be to power an amp, perhaps something can be done on the gpio of the pi. I will do some research.
[/quote]

You're probably right here, although some extra circuitry may be needed, being the PI on 5v.
(02-01-2023, 06:34 PM)zZeNn Wrote: @Nutul
The problem is that you cannot see anything in the GUI as long as you use Spotify Connect or AirPlay.
Is there any other way to see what the soundcard is receiving and processing?

Before connecting from Airplay or Spotify client leave moOde on one of the Config screens then Menu, Audio info.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Thumbs Up 
@Tim Curtis
Thank you, that worked
Leave page open-->refresh-->Audio info 

I checked it and it seems to be set to the max quality, just kbps are not shown "320" just VBR.

And another question Smile

What is the difference between S16_LE, S16 or S24, S24_3 (Spotify settings)  or 24bit_3LE, 24bit_3BLE (Airplay settings)

[Image: 2z9LeO0.jpg]
[Image: XhfPxoN.png]
Thats a bug in audio info :-0
I'll fix for the upcoming release.

Here's what it should liik like

Below are sample formats (as far as I remember)

In Airplay and Spotify Connect the audio format options are there to provide support for audio devices that only accept certain bit depths or sample rates.

I think when using any of the _3 or the float formats the audio device has to explicitly support them. Endianness refers to the order of bytes in the word. Any padding that occurs in ALSA is bit-perfect and always preserves the original sample. 

Code:
S16       16 bit signed integer, little endian
S24       24 bit signed integer, little endian (zero-padded to 32 bits)
S24_3LE   24 bit signed integer, little endian (unpadded 3 byte word)
S24_3BE   24 bit signed integer, big endian (unpadded 3 byte word)
S24_3     Same as s24_3LE
S32       32 bit signed integer, little endian
F32       32 bit floating point, little endian
F64       32 bit floating point, little endian
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub