Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Backup v7x to upgrade to 8x
I have been running mood 7x for some time and after installing an update I saw a new 'image update' for v8. So I ran the backup from the configure menu expecting that restoring that to the new setup would restore my library and my extensive favorites list.

So I backed up the old setup, flashed the new version to a new SD card, and then restored. 

The IP address changed to the static IP I had configured on the old system, so it appears the restore worked, but no library items or favorites.

Is there a way to backup and restore the library settings from the old 7x mode setup to the new mode 8??
(02-11-2023, 06:26 PM)229Mick Wrote: I have been running mood 7x for some time and after installing an update I saw a new 'image update' for v8. So I ran the backup from the configure menu expecting that restoring that to the new setup would restore my library and my extensive favorites list.

So I backed up the old setup, flashed the new version to a new SD card, and then restored. 

The IP address changed to the static IP I had configured on the old system, so it appears the restore worked, but no library items or favorites.

Is there a way to backup and restore the library settings from the old 7x mode setup to the new mode 8??

There is no "Library backup", you just re-generate it.
The playlists get into the back-up, if you so chose (but it's the default, I think); I cannot tell you whether the "Favorites" are being backed-up or not though... :-(
An option to backup/restore Playlists wasn't part of moOde 7 series. It introduced in release 8.1.0.

You would need to copy the Playlist files from either /var/lib/mpd/playlists/ or from the Samba share named Playlists to the same named locations in the moOde 8 system.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Library items" but if you are referring to the MPD database then it is the file named /var/lib/mpd/database. It's not included in Backup/Restore but may be in the future.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
In the past some MPD upgrades required to rebuild the MPD database. So backup and restore of the MPD db isn't garanteed to work on the long term.
(02-11-2023, 07:08 PM)bitlab Wrote: In the past some MPD upgrades required to rebuild the MPD database. So backup and restore of the MPD db isn't garanteed to work on the long term.

I forgot about that. It's the reason it was never included in the Backup/Restore process.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-11-2023, 06:58 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: An option to backup/restore Playlists wasn't part of moOde 7 series. It introduced in release 8.1.0.

You would need to copy the Playlist files from either /var/lib/mpd/playlists/ or from the Samba share named Playlists to the same named locations in the moOde 8 system.

I'm not sure what you mean by "Library items" but if you are referring to the MPD database then it is the file named /var/lib/mpd/database. It's not included in Backup/Restore but may be in the future.

Thanks, I had no idea I could access the device via SMB. I popped the old card in, started up and copied them. Restarted with v8 (found and enabled SMB) and copied them back, then figured out how to load the playlist and I'm 100% good to go! 

Thanks again!
Well done !
Now..
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....4#pid24624
----------
bob
(02-14-2023, 05:27 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Well done !
Now..
https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....4#pid24624

Done, thanks again!