Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Just the usual Introduction-type thing.
Hello, all, I'm just saying 'hello.'

I'm running MoodeAudio (never mind the capital 'O' for the moment) on a Raspberry Pi 3B+ with an InnoMaker DAC. Don't remember the precise model at the moment... since I don't care so long as it works while I tinker.

I like to tinker with things - 'tinker' meaning break stuff and put it back together. Whether that breaking is intentional or not, I'll never tell. You learn more from your mistakes, and that goes for many things in life.

I like to write fanfictions of things I want to see turn out differently, so if you see a post that seems lyrical under my username I've probably just gotten a brainwave with some idea or plot bunny or something and it's nibbling at my muse. I do have some original work under my JB Steele nom de plume - and while I'd love some sales like any writer, I'm not trying to use this post for that purpose. It's not all fanfiction.

I'm not much for a lot of interaction unless I feel I can contribute, as the term 'lurker' was tailor-made for me on BBS systems - or so I feel. And yes, I'm dating myself with that statement. To make it worse, I got started with Linux with Slackware 8.0. And no, I'm not a super-penguin, just a day-to-day user. I still have to look stuff up, especially when I forget some command-line option or something. I'm in awe of those people who can pull this stuff out of thin air or wherever.

Want to make me happy? Send me a big bowl of chili, a few peanut butter cookies, and some science-fiction to read. ;-)  

That's probably all I have - for now. I'm pretty sure I'll have a question about something sooner or later. Usually if when I break something tinkering.
We know a lot about breakage of the software variety, lol
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I bet!!