Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Idea: Make the little scrollbars visible
I just noticed there are tiny little scrollbars to the right of the artists and albums boxes.  They're hidden when you're not scrolling with the mouse wheel or trackpad, and when you do they appear but as 3 very feint lines and possibly the inside is very slightly not quite black but I can't really tell for sure.  Any chance these could be visible all the time.  That way I could click on them and drag them.  Currently I can only do that if I first use the track pad and then look really hard for the 3 feint lines!
When I hover over the scrollbars in Chrome on my iMac they become huge white things that are easy to click/drag.

What client and Browser are you using?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-18-2023, 06:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: When I hover over the scrollbars in Chrome on my iMac they become huge white things that are easy to click/drag.

I just jump in...

WINDOWS:
CHROME, EDGE, the scroll bars do not highlight on hovering, nor they grow in size, and if the lists are big, they indeed are not that tall.

LINUX:
CHROME: same as chrome for WIN
FIREFOX: they are taller, BUT extremely thin, and overlap the alphabet-indices, and they are probably below them in the Z-plane, as it is impossible to pick them

I also have an old MacMini, but has not been powered up for more than a year now... if necessary I can do some tests there too.
(02-18-2023, 06:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: When I hover over the scrollbars in Chrome on my iMac they become huge white things that are easy to click/drag.

Chrome on both Chromebook & Ubuntu.

I only see them while scrolling and for a second once you stop scrolling, not hovering.   Their size depends on the number of items in the list.  If you have 50 or more you get quite a small scrollbar (only visible during scroll) and it's dark grey with a slightly lighter grey border.  This is on a pure black theme with emerald accents.
Agree with the previous posts. Thin and mostly unusable (Firefox/Linux)

(curiously-Instead of scrolling using those on the desktop album view I can click 'between' images and then use page-down)
----------
bob
(02-18-2023, 08:34 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: Agree with the previous posts. Thin and mostly unusable  (Firefox/Linux)

(curiously-Instead of scrolling using those on the desktop album view I can click 'between' images and then use page-down)

I have no images, and I'm not sure you can page down on a chrome book.  Actually, in playing around here I've noticed that some of the time clicking on the vertical alphabet characters # A C E nothing happens and I have to click on an album from the right pane, then the alphabet characters become clickable again.   It's not a huge deal for me as I tend to use M.A.L.P. on Android to control the underlying moOde, or a remote control, but if I'm using a laptop anyway then why not.  I've hidden some stuff using uBlock Origin but is there an extension which is less simplistic and lets me resize/move elements in a persistent way?
(02-18-2023, 07:30 PM)Nutul Wrote:

I just jump in...

WINDOWS:
CHROME, EDGE, the scroll bars do not highlight on hovering, nor they grow in size, and if the lists are big, they indeed are not that tall.

LINUX:
CHROME: same as chrome for WIN
FIREFOX: they are taller, BUT extremely thin, and overlap the alphabet-indices, and they are probably below them in the Z-plane, as it is impossible to pick them

I also have an old MacMini, but has not been powered up for more than a year now... if necessary I can do some tests there too.

It's odd that hover does not show the large white scrollbars. AFAIK thats something thats controlled by the Browser.

The code in moOde that deals with scrollbars is in scripts-panels.js

Code:
// Store scrollbar width (it will be 0 for overlay scrollbars and > 0 for always on scrollbars
var hiddenDiv = $("<div style='position:absolute; top:-10000px; left:-10000px; width:100px; height:100px; overflow:scroll;'></div>").appendTo("body");
GLOBAL.sbw = hiddenDiv.width() - hiddenDiv[0].clientWidth;
$("body").get(0).style.setProperty("--sbw", GLOBAL.sbw + 'px');
//console.log(hiddenDiv.width() - hiddenDiv[0].clientWidth + 'px');

// Enable custom scroll bars unless overlay scroll bars are enabled on the platform (scroll bar width sbw = 0)
if (GLOBAL.sbw) {
      $('body').addClass('custom-scrollbars');
}

Also, when I tested Safari the big hover scrollbars appeared by I could not grab the thumb :-0 This suggests a z-index issue with the .alphabits class.
Enjoy the Music!
@Tim Curtis the hover functionality have worked in the past, but it is broken (at least under chrome/chrome with win/chrome book and linux).
(02-18-2023, 09:38 PM)bitlab Wrote: @Tim Curtis the hover functionality have worked in the past, but it is broken (at least under chrome/chrome with win/chrome book and linux).

Interesting. Hover works on my end but maybe on other platforms it's related to the z-index issue.

In Chrome try doing an inspect on one of the Library quick jump indexes and uncheck the z-indez peoperty for the .alphabits class.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-18-2023, 09:46 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(02-18-2023, 09:38 PM)bitlab Wrote: @Tim Curtis the hover functionality have worked in the past, but it is broken (at least under chrome/chrome with win/chrome book and linux).

Interesting. Hover works on my end but maybe on other platforms it's related to the z-index issue.

In Chrome try doing an inspect on one of the Library quick jump indexes and uncheck the z-indez peoperty for the .alphabits class.

Hi all,

I tried in both Chrome and Firefox (on Linux) and:

- Chrome: no change in behavior; scrollbars do not grow and/or highlight
- Firefox: NOW the scrollbars become bigger upon hovering the alphabet indices; this of course renders such indices unusable.