Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: bluetooth output error
I was trying to setup bluetooth on a pi3 but I get this issue. I am connected to the bluetooth speaker I want but when I hit play the error comes up within seconds

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post a screen shot of Audio info (Menu, Audio info)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-20-2023, 06:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Post a screen shot of Audio info (Menu, Audio info)

thanx for the reply

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ver odd. No issues on my end playing a 24 bit track to Bluetooth speaker. It gets converted by ALSA to 16 bit on the way out.
Enjoy the Music!
@tsawyer 

I suggest you try repeating the process of pairing and connecting with your BT speaker and then switching audio output to it. (Maybe reboot just for good luck after you disconnect.)

I was trying to repro your situation and momentarily did (!) without knowing quite how I did so.

Without going into details, I started with a moOde 8.2.5 player which was working without a hitch with Audio device = "HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro" (an i2s HAT) and Volumte type = "Hardware". I paired to, connected with, and switched to a BT speaker and that worked too.

I then went back and reconfigured to what your screen capture shows, switching Audio device to "Pi Headphone Jack" (had to reboot at this point, of course) and Volume type = "Software". I again connected with and switched to my BT speaker. This time I got the same MPD error you do. However, the problem cleared up when I recycled as suggested above and now I'm again playing via my BT speaker.

All this with a garden-variety 16bit/44KHz FLAC-encoded track.
Wish I knew exactly what went wrong but all's well that ends well, or so I've been told. Smile

Regards,
Kent
so I got another error this morning I had not seen previously so just decided to scrape everything to start again. short answer I did get it setup this time but I think there may be specific things that should be done in a certain order to have a successful install. the one thing I see is the sound is pretty low. I normally keep the volume at 65 (so I have the option to turn it up) but on this box 65 and the speaker at 22 (goes to 25) it's maybe room level loud. meantime, hard wired source or previous os I was using, 65 was loud enough to hear all thru the upstairs/decent part of the house. is there something else that boosts the output on bluetooth?
(02-21-2023, 05:35 PM)tsawyer Wrote: so I got another error this morning I had not seen previously so just decided to scrape everything to start again. short answer I did get it setup this time but I think there may be specific things that should be done in a certain order to have a successful install. the one thing I see is the sound is pretty low. I normally keep the volume at 65 (so I have the option to turn it up) but on this box 65 and the speaker at 22 (goes to 30) it's maybe room level loud. meantime, hard wired source or previous os I was using, 65 was loud enough to hear all thru the upstairs/decent part of the house. is there something else that boosts the output on bluetooth?

To calibrate the volume of a Bluetooth speaker do the following:

1. Turn the volume of the Bluetooth speaker down to its lowest level
2. Set moOde volume knob to 100 (full volume)
3. Play some music
4. Turn the volume of the Bluetooth speaker up until its a little louder that you would ever want
5. Set moOde volume knob to typical listening level

If in step 4 the Bluetooth speaker is still not loud enough then there is nothing else that can be done because moOde will have been outputting full volume to it at that point.
Enjoy the Music!