Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Folders disappearing from the list
Hello,
I'm using Moode happily for few years now and my current version is 8.2.5 2023-01-20.

It's been a while that I encounter the following problem : 
Most of the time, when I update a folder, it disappears from the list. Fortunately, it doesn't affect the presence of this folder in the NAS. Restarting Moode is not enough to make this folder appearing again, I must Regenerate the entire library. 
The "update this folder" action works sometimes properly though.

My system is : Raspberry Pi 4 (and a Allo Digione card), a Synology NAS from 2016 working with its last OS possible.

Do you have any clue about this problem ? Thanks !
(03-03-2023, 05:43 PM)LaoZi Wrote: Hello,
I'm using Moode happily for few years now and my current version is 8.2.5 2023-01-20.

Most of the time, when I update a folder, it disappears from the list. Fortunately, it doesn't affect the presence of this folder in the NAS. Restarting Moode is not enough to make this folder appearing again, I must Regenerate the entire library. 

My system is : Raspberry Pi 4 (and a Allo Digione card), a Synology NAS from 2016 working with its last OS possible.

Does "update library" (from the little m at the top-right of the main page) fix it?
(03-03-2023, 05:43 PM)LaoZi Wrote: ...

So maybe a bit more detail would help us understand your problem.

1) what does "disappears from the list" mean, exactly? Are you speaking of the Folder view in Library panel of the moOde WebUI? What is the folder (ie, the directory) structure on the Synology share? Are folders hierarchical and when a folder disappears so do the folders below it?

1) what does "update a folder" mean, exactly? What was in the folder before and how is it being updated?

2) does "Regenerate the entire library' always restore "disappeared" folders?

Regards,
Kent
Hello,
Sorry for not having been clearer. 

I have different folders in the directory of my NAS (e.g. Baroque, Classical, Romanticism, etc.). And they appear on the Folder view in Library panel of the moOde WebUI as you say.
Inside these folders I have folders for each composer (e.g. J.S. Bach, A. Scarlatti, D. Scarlatti, etc.). If I add a new album on one of these folders, I click on it within Moode and choose "update this folder" from the pop-up menu that appears. Then only this folder is updated.
But for few months now, it happens often that the folder just updated disappears from the UI and its parent folder disappears too !

Only "Regenerate music database" fixes the problem.

I hope my explanations are more precise now. (and sorry for my English)
(03-04-2023, 11:45 AM)LaoZi Wrote: Hello,

I have different folders in the directory of my NAS (e.g. Baroque, Classical, Romanticism, etc.). And they appear on the Folder view in Library panel of the moOde WebUI as you say.
Inside these folders I have folders for each composer (e.g. J.S. Bach, A. Scarlatti, D. Scarlatti, etc.). If I add a new album on one of these folders, I click on it within Moode and choose "update this folder" from the pop-up menu that appears. Then only this folder is updated.
But for few months now, it happens often that the folder just updated disappears from the UI and its parent folder disappears too !

What about if you, instead of "Update this folder" from the popup-menu, chose instead "Update library" from the "m" menu? Does the folder(s) disappear as well?
(03-03-2023, 05:43 PM)LaoZi Wrote: Hello,

Try clearing the Browser cache.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-04-2023, 01:42 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(03-04-2023, 11:45 AM)LaoZi Wrote: Hello,

What about if you, instead of "Update this folder" from the popup-menu, chose instead "Update library" from the "m" menu? Does the folder(s) disappear as well?

What a good suggestion!
Thank you all.

I will try "Update library" next time I will add something and will tell you what will happen.

I also can try to clear the browser cache too.
@LaoZi 

I'm still trying to understand the mechanism which causes the disappearance of folders. I haven't been able to replicate the phenomenon here which suggests I'm missing some detail or another.

Are you serving SMB shares from your Synology DSM-based NAS or NFS shares?

In my case, I don't recall ever seeing this behavior so I tried the following test:

-mount a SMB share from my OpenMediaVault NAS in moOde 8.2.5
-update the moOde library
-drill down through the Library/Folders view to the album level to see all the folders that contain music tracks in this SMB share
-copy over a new album folder containing additional music tracks to the NAS, placing it among the existing album folders

At this point, moOde still shows only the already scanned folders. Nothing has disappeared. Now I

-update just the folder one level above the album folders and refresh the screen

Now I see the newly copied album folder among the ones that were already there. 

As it happens, I also have a old copy of Synology DSM 6.1 which I can spin up as a guest system on my VirtualBox server for use as a test NAS. I haven't tested with it as extensively but so far I get the same results I see with my OpenMediaVault NAS (and that's what I'd expect).

At this point, I"m stumped.

Regards,
Kent

PS - don't worry about your English. I've been able to order a beer in a number of languages other than my native English but I certainly couldn't write a technical post. Well done.
@TheOldPresbyope

Hello, I'm using NFS shares.

I use now "Update library" as suggested above and I don't encounter the problem anymore. So, as I won't use "Update this folder" anymore, I consider the problem solved.
Thanks a lot for having helped me on this.

All the best,

LZ