Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Allow to ignore paths from scanning when building a library
I intend to use the USB drive attached to my Raspberry Pi for storing of movies in addition to music. Currently Moode scans the entire drive and I end up having the movies in the music collection. I really don't want to buy a separate NAS or another SBC just to attach my hard drive. It would be really helpful to be selective about what Moode scans in the local storage. If there is a quick fix I can apply to achieve this, I'd really appreciate that!

Update: I figured that MPD is responsible for building and managing music library and scanning attached storage is achieved by a symlink to /media in /var/lib/mpd/music. I manipulated the symlinks there to point only to the music path, this seems to work for me.
Hi @eldar
You can already do this by adding a '.mpdignore' file in directories. The content of this file should have entries (or wildcards) of paths and files to ignore.
See https://mpd.readthedocs.io/en/stable/user.html for more info
Hi, @bitlab!
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for, it worked and I reverted the hack. I guess it is useful to learn more on MPD Smile