Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

usb drive not found in network
Hi,

I have connected a USB drive with music on that drive, and now I want to add some music
I see in my network, not a map to add any music.

how can the map with music visible in my network?

thanks
I know there must be sudo command to change it in the raspberry pi, but did not remember that

i see on my window PC in the network on the de PI, but and see the maps
but i cannot open it and add music

thanks
(03-14-2023, 08:57 AM)Jempie Wrote: Hi,

I have connected a USB drive with music on that drive, and now I want to add some music

thanks

Hi,

where have you connected such drive? To the Pi running moOde?
If so you need to enable SMB share on the Pi itself, in "Configuration" => "System" => "File sharing"

Then you should be able to see it on the network, once you chose your moOde device from the shown computers.
(03-14-2023, 11:35 AM)Nutul Wrote:

thanks

Hi,

If so you need to enable SMB share on the Pi itself, in "Configuration" => "System" => "File sharing"

Then you should be able to see it on the network, once you chose your moOde device from the shown computers.

how can i do that?
(03-14-2023, 11:35 AM)Nutul Wrote:

thanks

Hi,

I have connected an usb drive to the PI, where the music is in a map
moode audio does work fine. 

now i want to add some music with my PC windows
on my network i see the moodeaudio, and also the map, but i can not access it

I know there was a small command tat i must do in putty, but i can't remember it any more
In the moOde UI do this bit from @Nutul :
"Configuration" => "System" => "File sharing" and enable SMB sharing there. Reboot and the drive attached to the Pi will appear on your network.
----------------
Robert
Hi robert,

how can i access "Configuration" => "System" => "File sharing"
please step by step

many thanks
Because i don't see File sharing i use release 7.6.0.2021
i there a command that i can use to make this happen
As I remember, file sharing was on by default in the v7 series. Why you can't see the shares in that case would be for some other reason. In order to get support though, it's best to run the latest version because the folk who can help won't necessarily have the older version to be able to replicate you issue. So upgrade to the latest version, then you'll see the options @Nutul referred to which you can turn on, then if you still can't see your drive we can begin trouble shooting.
----------------
Robert