Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Moode 8.3.0 RPi 1B+ - UPnP-Renderer doesnt show up
Hello,

I just upgraded my Raspberry Pi 1B+ from MoodeOS 6.4.1 to the latest MoodeOS 8.3.0.
A new image was created and the same settings as before were made.
Nothing else has changed in the general conditions.

Although the service is set to "On" for UPnP Client for MPD, no UPnP renderer is displayed in the network, in contrast to MoodeOS 6.4.1.
If I switch back to the old version, the UPnP renderer appears again.

Where is the error?

Attached is the system information.

Attached Files
.zip   Systeminformation.zip (Size: 4.09 KB / Downloads: 0)
I don't have much experience with UPnP but IIRC you may have to change the Service type option in UPnP Config screen.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
No, unfortunately, that makes no difference.

Service Type was OpenHome before and should be.
But even with UPnP-A/V the client is not shown in the network.

Is there any logs or similar that I could provide?
You can view the status of the UPnP renderer using the command below to see if there are any errors.

Code:
systemctl status upmpdcli
Enjoy the Music!
This is what I get:

Code:
pi@MediaCLT-Bad:~ $ systemctl status upmpdcli
● upmpdcli.service - UPnP Renderer front-end to MPD
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/upmpdcli.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: active (running) since Sun 2023-03-19 19:45:01 CET; 37min ago
  Main PID: 19433 (upmpdcli)
     Tasks: 11 (limit: 991)
       CPU: 2.481s
    CGroup: /system.slice/upmpdcli.service
            └─19433 /usr/bin/upmpdcli -c /etc/upmpdcli.conf

Mar 19 19:45:01 MediaCLT-Bad systemd[1]: Started UPnP Renderer front-end to MPD.
Mar 19 19:45:01 MediaCLT-Bad upmpdcli[19433]: :3:libupnpp/upnpplib.cxx:244::LibUPnP: Using IPV4 10.20.20.52 port 491>
Mar 19 19:45:01 MediaCLT-Bad upmpdcli[19447]: writing RSA key
I don't see anything suspicious in the status. Maybe try rebooting your Router since UPnP discovery relies on some network protocols that may have cached something.
Enjoy the Music!
Unfortunately, neither is it.

Even after a router restart, the UPnP renderer remains invisible.
Other UPnP renderers (also MoodeOS 8.1.2 on a Raspberry Pi 3) are displayed on the same network.
You could also try rebooting the client but given that there are no errors messages or any other clues in the upmpdcli status log it's hard to say what might be going on.

Maybe another user can repro your issue and possibly provide some insight.
Enjoy the Music!
The UPnP stuff gets easily upset by an upgrade.  I find that resetting the whole stack is the way to go.

1. Turn off the UPnP in moOde then shut down the moOde player.
  2. Close the UPnP client application and then turn off the device the client is on.
  3. Shut down the router then go and do something else for several minutes so you resist the temptation to turn it all back on too soon.  Five minutes should be enough.
  4. Turn the router back on and wait for it to have come fully back online.  Again about five minutes should do, but some routers can take even longer.
  5. Turn your moOde player back on and wait for that to come fully online.
  6. Turn the UPnP back on in moOde and wait for that to fully start.
  7. Turn your UPnP client device back on, and launch the client application.
  8. Enjoy the music.
It's a pain, but it works every time for me.  Like Tim said there's a memory of the "old" device some where that clogs the system up.  Doing this makes everything forget.
----------------
Robert
Unfortunately, that is not the solution either.

I have an OPNsense firewall here.
I have already restarted this several times.
I also have a BubbleUPnP server on the same subnet as the Moode player. This shows all other UPnP renderers in the subnet.
I had also reset and restarted this.
With the Raspberry Pi 1 with the Moode 8.3.0 I had also done the described steps.
The control points were also restarted several times.

The other UPnP players are a Moode 8.1.2, the same Raspberry with Moode 6.4.1 before, a Grundig internet radio, a Pioneer receiver and its renderer proxified via the BubbleUPnP server.

The UPnP control points are all Android devices (11-13) with the BubbleUPnP app.

In the meantime, I specified a value for the upnplogfilename parameter in the upmpdcli configuration, set the loglevel to 5 and the upnploglevel to 4.

The logfile created with this is in the attachment.

Attached Files
.zip   umpmdcli.zip (Size: 916 bytes / Downloads: 5)