Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Windows doesn't detect moode
my moode player worked as a charm...until I've reset my raspberry and surprise: Re: Kernel Panic : VFS :Unable to mount root fs on unknown-b . Perfect...I have to begin from 0 because I didn't use a backup...

Now I've installed moode in another sd card. And I don't know why, Windows doesn't detect moode. I've set smb in on mode, and created moode/sdcard in library. Please i need help (raspberry pi3b with moode 8.3 64 bit)

Regards

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

At a guess I'd say that file sharing is off.

"m"/Configure/System scroll to "File Sharing", set SMB to "ON".
----------------
Robert
Quote: I've set smb in on mode

Do you mean you have turned on the smb sharing option ?(shares MoOde library to other devices) or have you configured your NAS/remote files to be part of the MoOde sources via the networking tab ?

Quote:and created moode/sdcard in library

eh ?  You have music files on your sd card you want to share to your windows box via smb ?

reboot MoOde and paste the output from

Code:
moodeutl -l
----------
bob
thanks for your replies. If you watch the image attached, you can see that there is a moode icon in the network Windows section (it's an image of tech road trip YouTube video moode installation, 13:41). It's exactly what I saw in my computer one day ago, before sd crashes. Windows config is the same, moode audio player is the same (smb is set to on by default, I think Windows should see 'moode computer' automatically), but it's impossible to see the icon. It was a pleasure to move the music in my computer to the 128 gb card

I really appreciate your help

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Try rebooting your Windows PC and Router.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-24-2023, 05:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try rebooting your Windows PC and Router.

I've tried tons of times...same results Sad
It's not obvious what might be going on but automatic host discovery doesn't have any settings and so typically when it doesn't work it's some sort of network issue.

Maybe try connecting to the host directly using the Windows file manager. Something like \\moode/SDCARD
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
What's going on is that Win11 and recent editions of Win10, at least don't use SMB1 for NETBIOS discovery, they use Web Service Discovery instead. Linux/SAMBA and hence moOde no longer support SMB1 either, at least not officially, but they also don't support Web Service Discovery (at least not yet).

As I've said repeatedly on this forum, whether or not you're running some combination of Windows host(s) and Linux/SAMBA on your network which allow a moOde player to show up among hosts in the Windows Network Panel, you can always map each moOde share to a network drive either using the GUI or using the "net use" command from the command line.

I almost never use Windows but I've finally been pushed over the edge and done some research (for which read "Googled"). You'll find a nice summary of the situation in the README.md file at https://github.com/christgau/wsdd

I've tried starting christgau's wsdd.py daemon from the command line of one of my moOde 8.3.0 players and it works as advertised; namely, as long as it is running, this particular moOde player will show up as a host in the File/Network Panel on my Win10Pro (guest) host.

Since the README says wsdd.py is likely going to be in the next Debian release (Bookworm) and is already in other distros it seems a safe bet. I'm going to post an issue to the moOde github repo proposing we include it in the next update.

Regards,
Kent
That's great and explains a whole lot !

Thanks Kent. Smile
----------
bob
Problem solved! It was impossible that Windows recognized moode, I don't know why (I tried everything for a LOT of hours). If anybody have the same issue:

- Go to my computer
- Right click
- Connect to network drive
- Assign a letter to your new drive
- write: \\moode.local\SDCARD

And that's it! If you have a Usb hdd, write the name of your hdd instead of SDCARD