Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

SSH does not work
I just installed 8.3.0 2023-03-14.  I cannot SSH into Pi4 using an user ID pi and the default password moodeaudio. Did anything change?
Details in the Setup Guide

If a fresh install the default user configuration has changed.
(03-25-2023, 11:55 PM)steve4star Wrote: Details in the Setup Guide

Looking at the Setup Guide, I checked out the link to the installer and scrolled down to the 'Headless Setup' section. I then fired up the Pi Installer, found the image and wrote it to my SD card. However, the 'Cog' icon to access the Advanced Options for setting the login and password never appeared. I have now booted on this SD card and things seem to work, but there is no apparent way to get the installer to allow me to create a login and password. I did note that the version of the installer guide refers to installer v 1.7.1 while the installer I downloaded from the MoOde link is v 1.7.4, the one that does not make the Advanced Options available in any obvious way.

Any help will be most appreciated. I use SSH logins all the time to move stuff around and backup.

Skip
I followed the instruction below but I don't have any way to enter user id and password.

The ISO image does not contain the userid pi, SSH service, WiFi SSID or Access
Point password.

- The pi userid/password and WiFi SSID/password can can be created using the
official Raspberry Pi Imager. Refer to the link below for information on
operating system security and how to use the Raspberry Pi Imager.
https://www.raspberrypi.com/news/raspber...pril-2022/
Phone browser error submitted old response.
Please ignore/delete
(03-26-2023, 12:25 AM)Skip Pack Wrote:

Looking at the Setup Guide, I checked out the link to the installer and scrolled down to the 'Headless Setup' section. I then fired up the Pi Installer, found the image and wrote it to my SD card. However, the 'Cog' icon to access the Advanced Options for setting the login and password never appeared. I have now booted on this SD card and things seem to work, but there is no apparent way to get the installer to allow me to create a login and password. I did note that the version of the installer guide refers to installer v 1.7.1 while the installer I downloaded from the MoOde link is v 1.7.4, the one that does not make the Advanced Options available in any obvious way.

Any help will be most appreciated. I use SSH logins all the time to move stuff around and backup.

Skip

Very odd that the COG icon does not appear. Id recommend posting an issue in the Raspberry Pi Imager repo.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-imager/issues

The icon should appear after selecting an OS.

Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-26-2023, 10:55 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Skip

Very odd that the COG icon does not appear. Id recommend posting an issue in the Raspberry Pi Imager repo.
https://github.com/raspberrypi/rpi-imager/issues

The icon should appear after selecting an OS.

Just to confirm my earlier description, I tried to use the Pi Imager two ways. First was right clicking on the image file and picking Pi Imager to open the image -- no COG. Then I invoked Pi Imager and clicked on the Choose OS button, scrolled down to 'other specialized OS', found MoOde 64 bit and selected it -- no COG. I'll pursue the link you provided above.
Older versions of pi imager had no cog and you had to use cmd/ctrl-shift-X to access advanced options, might help, dunno.

Skip

You didn't mention what your host and O/S are.

On my x86-64 laptop running Linux Mint 21.1, the newest rpi-installer available from the O/S repository is 1.7.2 and it works fine for me---advanced options cog shows up when I select an image file.

I just fired up my Win10Pro guest system in VirtualBox on the same laptop. The newest rpi-installer available to Windows is 1.7.4 and it works fine for me too.

I remain puzzled.

Regards,
Kent
Also this Git issue just popped up today.
https://github.com/moode-player/moode/issues/

Very odd.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub