Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How to play an external USB stick through Moode?

I run Moode on my RPi4, and want to play audio files from a USB stick that I have connected to the RPi4.
But I am having problems being able to work out how to locate the USB in the Moode interface...
Please see screenshot above...I dont have a great understanding of how it all works, but if anyone can point out what I need to do to achieve this I would be very grateful!
(03-26-2023, 12:37 PM)setfan Wrote: I run Moode on my RPi4, and want to play audio files from a USB stick that I have connected to the RPi4.
But I am having problems being able to work out how to locate the USB in the Moode interface...
Please see screenshot above...I dont have a great understanding of how it all works, but if anyone can point out what I need to do to achieve this I would be very grateful!

1. Plug your USB stick
2. "m" => "Update library"

Then, depending on if and how your files are tagged, you should see the music organized by artist/album in the "Tag" view of the library.
If you prefer, though, you can always click on "Library" (top-left) and select "Folder view". From there you can browse the USB stick.
Thanks Al. 

Would you mind checking the screenshots attached as I cant see any files at all from the USB when its plugged in...and I'm unable to browse the USB stick. Not sure what I am doing wrong here...thanks!

@setfan 

You have posted screenshots from the Library Configuration section. The purpose of this section is to connect the moOde player to external sources. It does not apply to local sources such as your SDCard or the USB "stick" drive you plugged in.

Once you've updated the library, the music contents of a plugged-in USB drive (and only its music contents) will be available in the Library view which can be reached from the Playback view (which is the default view when you start moOde) by clicking on the coverart image.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent - so, to "update the library", how do I actually do that? Is that the "RE-MOUNT" All Music sources (Unmount then remount all Music sources) button in my second screenshot? Or am I still getting this all wrong?!!

Once you've updated the library, the music contents of a plugged-in USB drive (and only its music contents) will be available in the Library view which can be reached from the Playback view
(03-27-2023, 01:50 AM)setfan Wrote: Thanks Kent - so, to "update the library", how do I actually do that? Is that the "RE-MOUNT" All Music sources (Unmount then remount all Music sources) button in my second screenshot? Or am I still getting this all wrong?!!

Once you've updated the library, the music contents of a plugged-in USB drive (and only its music contents) will be available in the Library view which can be reached from the Playback view

See that bold "m" in the upper-right corner of the moOde WebUI? Click on it and select "Update library" from the popup list.

When I click on the "m" I am not seeing any "Update Library" option - please see my screenshot above..

See that bold "m" in the upper-right corner of the moOde WebUI? Click on it and select "Update library" from the popup list.
Wait. I've started looking more carefully at your screenshots. What release of moOde are you running?

Goodness, where did you get that version from? Go to moodeaudio.org and download the latest version that will probably make it all much clearer.
----------------
Robert