Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Toggle "Single" hangs UI
Hi,

today, one more time it occurred to me to click on "Single" while attempting to "Clear queue". So far so good: click once again to disable it, right?
Nope: the screen goes white with a huge squarish moOde picture, semi-transparent, so that its background is more gray than the ordinary black.

I remember another issue with these toggle-switches: they couldn't get deactivated once set... maybe it's related?

Since it happens mostly when operating on the local 7", and it renders the UI unusable, the only solution is a reset. Fortunately I can do a soft one, as I log in on my phone and select "Reboot". It's still annoying, though... @Tim Curtis anywhere I can look, just to keep myself busy tonight? ;-)
Thats an odd one.

What does this mean? -- click on "Single" while attempting to "Clear queue" --
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-18-2023, 09:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Thats an odd one.

What does this mean? -- click on "Single" while attempting to "Clear queue" --

Well,

I click on the "..." to open the context menu, and proceed to select "Clear queue" to... well, clear the playback queue, but instead my finger lands - by accident - on "Single"... and that's it.
Hi @Tim Curtis,

I just wanted to see if I could gather some information on this, so tried to reproduce...

If I do this on the browser, from my laptop, everything seems to work, that is: I can toggle "single" without breaking the UI...

Then it hit me... suddenly, instead of clicking anywhere in the middle of the menu item (horizontally, I mean...) I clicked on the check-mark itself, and that broke the whole thing.
To confirm this, I just restarted the UI, and clicked on the check-mark of "Consume", which I keep active... BUM, UI crashed again.

So, it is clicking on the check-mark that crashes the menu handler somehow... debugging javascript I came across something weird... see this

The following is the last CASE statement of the function handling the popup-menu commands, and after clicking on the check-mark, the relevant CASE is executed (say, "single"), and then the execution steps on the lambda callback of the post command below... such php (recorder-cmd.php) does not exist, hence the default-cover-v6.svg, IMO...

The real problem being, though, how is it possible for the code to execute 2 case statements, providing the first IS terminated with BREAK???

Code:
case 'stream_recorder':
           $('#menu-check-recorder').toggle();
           if ($('#menu-check-recorder').css('display') == 'block') {
               SESSION.json['recorder_status'] = 'On';
               $('.playback-context-menu i').addClass('recorder-on');
           }
           else {
               SESSION.json['recorder_status'] = 'Off';
               $('.playback-context-menu i').removeClass('recorder-on');
           }
           $.post('command/cfg-table.php?cmd=upd_cfg_system', {'recorder_status': SESSION.json['recorder_status']}, function() {
               $.post('command/recorder-cmd.php?cmd=recorder_on_off');
           });

I'll have a look if it may appear to be a compressor/obfuscator issue...
I'm able to repro this and it appears to be an issue with the click event bubbling up through the DOM.

Try adding 

e.stopPropagation(); 

to scripts-library.js

Code:
       case 'single':
           e.stopPropagation();
           $('#menu-check-single').toggle();
           var toggle = $('#menu-check-single').is(":visible") ? '1' : '0';
           sendMpdCmd('single ' + toggle);
           break;

If that works on your end I'll add it to the check mark cases in upcoming 8.3.2 bugfix release.
Enjoy the Music!
(04-19-2023, 12:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm able to repro this and it appears to be an issue with the click event bubbling up through the DOM.

Try adding 

e.stopPropagation(); 

to scripts-library.js

Code:
       case 'single':
           e.stopPropagation();
           $('#menu-check-single').toggle();
           var toggle = $('#menu-check-single').is(":visible") ? '1' : '0';
           sendMpdCmd('single ' + toggle);
           break;

If that works on your end I'll add it to the check mark cases in upcoming 8.3.2 bugfix release.

Hi Tim,

yes, it works, but doesn't close the menu...
Right, that won't work.

Try adding the code block below to scripts-panels.js. This works on my end.

Code:
   // Prevent click on the menu checkmark from causing default moOde cover to be displayed
   $(document).on('click',
       '#menu-check-cdsp, #menu-check-consume, #menu-check-repeat, #menu-check-single, #menu-check-recorder',
       function(e) {
            e.stopImmediatePropagation();
       }
   );
Enjoy the Music!
(04-19-2023, 07:51 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Right, that won't work.

Try adding the code block below to scripts-panels.js. This works on my end.

Code:
   // Prevent click on the menu checkmark from causing default moOde cover to be displayed
   $(document).on('click',
       '#menu-check-cdsp, #menu-check-consume, #menu-check-repeat, #menu-check-single, #menu-check-recorder',
       function(e) {
            e.stopImmediatePropagation();
       }
   );

Hi Tim,

yes, this works fine; thanks.