Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

8.3.1 update confusing Allo Boss2 on bitrate?
(04-20-2023, 02:11 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(04-19-2023, 09:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think more likely their business like countless others was ireparably damaged during the Pandemic and thus no money to pay their engineers.

Possibly, although covid seems to be a convenient scapegoat for almost any problem these days.

Here many manufacturers, growers, wholesalers, and retailers blatantly increase prices and blame covid even after it being proved that this is not the case. Greed will wear any hat even if it doesn't fit.

Recall too the Kali fiasco was several years prior even to the existence of Covid and the same lack of attention was given by Allo.

Speculate all you want but the fact is that post Pandemic, Allo products are gone from distributors, and engineering and support are also gone.

Thats a huge loss for all of us because it means fewer choices.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(04-20-2023, 11:51 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(04-19-2023, 09:15 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I think more likely their business like countless others was ireparably damaged during the Pandemic and thus no money to pay their engineers.

Possibly, although covid seems to be a convenient scapegoat for almost any problem these days.

Here many manufacturers, growers, wholesalers, and retailers blatantly increase prices and blame covid even after it being proved that this is not the case. Greed will wear any hat even if it doesn't fit.

Recall too the Kali fiasco was several years prior even to the existence of Covid and the same lack of attention was given by Allo.

Speculate all you want but the fact is that post Pandemic, Allo products are gone from distributors, and engineering and support are also gone.

Sad news.
I'm an Allo Boss 2 person.  I'm in the same boat as the others who've posted here.  Where can I download a copy of v 8.30?  The latest version I have on my desktop machine is 8.2.  I know 8.2 works, I was just hoping to install the newest "known good" version.  I'm disappointed in Allo.  I've had my Boss 2 for a little over a year.
(04-20-2023, 08:17 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: I'm an Allo Boss 2 person.  I'm in the same boat as the others who've posted here.  Where can I download a copy of v 8.30?  The latest version I have on my desktop machine is 8.2.  I know 8.2 works, I was just hoping to install the newest "known good" version.  I'm disappointed in Allo.  I've had my Boss 2 for a little over a year.

Go to the GitHub repo https://github.com/moode-player/moode and open the Releases section on the right. There’s 51 in total at the moment, stretching back to moOde 4.0 or so!
Regards,
Kent
(04-20-2023, 09:07 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(04-20-2023, 08:17 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: I'm an Allo Boss 2 person.  I'm in the same boat as the others who've posted here.  Where can I download a copy of v 8.30?  The latest version I have on my desktop machine is 8.2.  I know 8.2 works, I was just hoping to install the newest "known good" version.  I'm disappointed in Allo.  I've had my Boss 2 for a little over a year.

Go to the GitHub repo https://github.com/moode-player/moode and open the Releases section on the right. There’s 51 in total at the moment, stretching back to moOde 4.0 or so!
Regards,
Kent

Thanks.  I looked at GitHub before and saw all the previous releases. I couldn't find the download links.  For all but the current release you have to expand the Assets heading.
(04-20-2023, 12:49 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

Sad news.

I suppose this is a side effect of us all having got used to our streaming system improving every three months.  I've we'd spent a four figure sum on a streamer from NAIM or the like, then we'd be quite happy to be stuck with the same software as it shipped with however many years ago.  To upgrade to their latest would mean buying a new device usually.
It is a shame to see that Allo appear to have folded completely however, even if using their products might have meant accepting the software versions they shipped with.
----------------
Robert

Agreed, The demise of Allo is regrettable and as you say reduces options especially in the more esoteric and cutting edge product.
Perhaps their enthusiasm and range left them with too few feet on the ground and covid was the tipping point.

More conservative players such as HiFiBerry and IQAUDIO seem to have fared better and weathered the covid interruption.

Meanwhile it is refreshing to see other projects arise such as the one presented here on the MoOde site. ProtoDAC TDA1387 X8

https://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread....TDA1387+X8
----------
bob