Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Windows credentials access problem
A few months ago I lost access to my Moode (Pi4) music files folder from my Windows 10 laptop. I wasn't too worried, because Moode worked fine through it's GUI and my data disc is in a little caddy that allows disk cloning. I could also stick the disks onto another Windows PC and manipulate the data files without problem.
The issue in Windows was that it wanted credentials to access Moode across the LAN and nothing I tried worked, although earlier no credentials had been required. Moode was around 8.1.* then gradually updated and was last at 8.2.x. Access to SSH using the default ID and password was fine, as was network access via my Android phone with an Anonymous login.
I could not see how to find and/or change any other passwords within Moode, and despite reading many support posts I could not decide whether the problem was Windows (following the usual enforced updates) or Moode+my lack of skill with Linux.
An in-place update yesterday to the latest version Moode (8.3.2) did not resolve the issue.
I then saw that there is a new RPI Imager which includes the option/requirement to set 1 or more userid/password combinations, so tried this and created a new image, entering a new userid and password through the settings icon on the imager screen. This finally did the trick, and I could immediately access Moode and the music files from Windows by entering the newly created userid and password in the Windows network login screen.
In retrospect I assume that somehow I had created a userid and password for Moode, separate from the default ones (which still worked for SSH), and that these were replaced with the new image.
So, not a Moode issue, nor a Windows one, but likely the user!
Thanks for a great product!