Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Moode 8.3.2, no local GUI after install + config
Hello,

I did a fresh install of Moode 8.3.2, after the update to that version horribly failed.
However, Now the gui will not work. I configured it the way it always worked before thsi version: over the System Config menu, but it doesn't go beyond the command prompt.

How can I get the local gui + touch working?

Thanks,

Hendrik-Jan
(05-19-2023, 08:17 AM)hjheins Wrote: Hello,

I did a fresh install of Moode 8.3.2, after the update to that version horribly failed.
However, Now the gui will not work. I configured it the way it always worked before thsi version: over the System Config menu, but it doesn't go beyond the command prompt.

How can I get the local gui + touch working?

Thanks,

Hendrik-Jan

This is known issue, if you don't follow the correct configuration of the image _BEFORE_ you flash it to the SD card.

Read carefully the installation instructions, and you'll have a working setup.
(05-19-2023, 09:21 AM)Nutul Wrote: This is known issue, if you don't follow the correct configuration of the image _BEFORE_ you flash it to the SD card.

Read carefully the installation instructions, and you'll have a working setup.

Thank you Al.
Is there any way to fix this?

The problem ist: the installer is for Windows, and I ONLY run ArchLinux (for which the installer seemingly does not work that well yet).

Thanks,

Hendrik-Jan
Lovely, with some mix and match from this wonderful forum, I have it working:

For whoever else has this problem:

1) Generate a file "userconf" in /boot, and write your in here according to this syntax: "username:encrypted- password "
generate the password like this:
Code:
echo 'mypassword' | openssl passwd -6 -stdin
source

2) Change the below if necessary:
Code:
in /usr/lib/systemd/system/localui.service
change the user to your default user from 1) (in my case: "pi")

Thanks to @TheOldPresbyope  and @dajand  for these