Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Instruction Guide $RECYCLE.BIN
Sorry if this is wrong place to post this. Please move if needed.

So I use moOde on pi4 with pi2aes hat. I only play local files from storage drives via USB. On the root of the drive there is 3 folders I created and a 4th being the $RECYCLE.BIN 

If I delete files when I plug the drives into my PC a lot of times they'll be in the bin... I just want to know how to clear/empty the bin lol .. I don't know jack about Linux/ssh commands if that helps !
Thanks in advance !
(05-31-2023, 09:10 PM)RatSalad Wrote: Sorry if this is wrong place to post this. Please move if needed.

So I use moOde on pi4 with pi2aes hat. I only play local files from storage drives via USB. On the root of the drive there is 3 folders I created and a 4th being the $RECYCLE.BIN 

If I delete files when I plug the drives into my PC a lot of times they'll be in the bin... I just want to know how to clear/empty the bin lol .. I don't know jack about Linux/ssh commands if that helps !
Thanks in advance !

That's Windows creating a recycle-bin folder "for your convenience" (?!?) If you empty the bin WHILE the device is connected to your windows machine (no matter how, I think, be it through LAN/WAN or USB) that folder gets emptied as well...
(05-31-2023, 09:57 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(05-31-2023, 09:10 PM)RatSalad Wrote: Sorry if this is wrong place to post this. Please move if needed.

Thanks in advance !

That's Windows creating a recycle-bin folder "for your convenience" (?!?) If you empty the bin WHILE the device is connected to your windows machine (no matter how, I think, be it through LAN/WAN or USB) that folder gets emptied as well...

I can't see the bin on the storage drive in windows even with show hidden and system folder enabled. I'll try messing around next time I plug it into the w10 machine and try dumping system recycle bin as well.
(05-31-2023, 10:06 PM)RatSalad Wrote: I can't see the bin on the storage drive in windows even with show hidden and system folder enabled. I'll try messing around next time I plug it into the w10 machine and try dumping system recycle bin as well.

There is ONLY ONE recycle bin in Windows (you see it on the desktop); depending on where you delete from, the deleted files will go into the $RECYCLE.BIN folder on the device you are deleting from.
Now, IF YOU EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN such folder will be emptied for you by the OS.
Alternatively, when deleting from a removable storage, try SHIFT-DELETE, which - IIRC - should bypass the bin and physically remove the files, instead.
Map to the usb drive, set winrar to delete after Raring, Rar the $RECYCLE.BIN, then delete the rar file created normally.