Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Beginner questions
cue+flac should work. I have some in one of my test collections and they work fine.

There are utilities for splitting a cue+flac into separate song files if thats what you are interested in doing.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(06-12-2023, 03:54 PM)jbaumann Wrote: Regarding usage of LMS: I know, and I try to change the scenarios to use MoodePlayer instead.

I currently try to convert a few of my playlists (using vi…) and I‘ve come across references inside a large flac file that represents a whole CD (these are offsets taken from the cue file and appended to the entry using a #). It seems that mpd cannot work with these large flac files, or can I use a different notation for that?

Cheers, Joe

The "huge" flac files usually go together with their CUE file; then the "track" is addressed via cue file name "/track000x", like, for example:

/Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral.cue/track0002

of course in the CUE file the second track is referred to the usual way: minutes : seconds : frames
@jbaumann 

This is just a footnote to Al's reply. It's correct but you said you're trying to convert some playlists so you may need some more info.

The moOde playlists are stored as M3U files in /var/lib/mpd/playlists

As Al said, the track references will be with respect to the CUE file, not the actual FLAC file. The CUE file path will not be absolute but relative to the mount point of moOde's music directory.

Example, I've just stuck a USB drive into a moOde player. The drive is named KAR02. It's mounted at /mnt/KAR02; through the magic of symbolic links, it shows up in the music directory as USB/KAR02.

The "Cue" directory on this drive contains a FLAC / CUE file pair for my rip of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". Here's what we see when this album is loaded into the Queue and I use moOde "Save Queue to playlist" naming the playlist "PF-Cue" and editing it to have Genre "Rock".

Code:
pi@m833p4b:/var/lib/mpd/playlists $ cat PF-Cue.m3u
#EXTGENRE:Rock
#EXTIMG:local
USB/KAR02/Cue/Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon/Dark Side of the Moon.cue/track0001
USB/KAR02/Cue/Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon/Dark Side of the Moon.cue/track0002

The associated CUE file is in the same directory as the FLAC file and begins

Code:
pi@m833p4b:/media/KAR02/Cue/Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon $ cat *cue
PERFORMER "Pink Floyd"
TITLE "Dark Side of the Moon"
FILE "Dark Side of the Moon.flac" WAVE
 TRACK 01 AUDIO
   INDEX 00 00:00:00
   TITLE "Speak to Me / Breathe in the Air"
   INDEX 01 00:00:33
 TRACK 02 AUDIO
   TITLE "On the Run"
   INDEX 01 03:58:18

Note- I gave this playlist a cover image but that's not referenced in the M3U file; it's dealt with separately.

Between moOde and underlying MPD, the imagery and metadata all show up nicely in the Playback panel with when I load this playlist and start selecting/playing tracks.

Regards,
Kent
Go Kent !
Maybe try this for an alternative to the tried and true Darkness...:-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD_SkZpc6J0
----------
bob
(06-13-2023, 06:13 AM)DRONE7 Wrote: Go Kent !
Maybe try this for an alternative to the tried and true Darkness...:-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD_SkZpc6J0

This one, too, deserves attention ;-)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY11eGBuSas
@DRONE7 
@Nutul 

Every time I try to wean myself from YouTube to get some real work done someone drops a link like these in my inbox Rolleyes At least these I can just listen to---and I am as I type this. Thanks for both!
Regards,
Kent
A question regarding the API…

I tried to determine whether the player is currently stopped or running. The example from the setup file http://moode/command/?cmd=get_currentsong returns only „[]“, and all commands that I send to the mpd return nothing.

Looking at the source (/var/www/command/indexp.php), the explanation is pretty simple. Data is only returned when an error occurs, otherwise nothing. The following crude fix returns at least the answers:

Code:
    41         if (stripos($resp, 'Error:')) {
    42           echo $resp;
    43         } else {
    44           echo $resp;
    45         }

With that e.g., the cmd=status returns a string that contains the state of the player.

But I naively assume that there is another, better way to do this.

Cheers, Joe
In the MPD Options section of Audio Config turn the Metadata file ON.

Then
http://moode/command/?cmd=get_currentsong
Enjoy the Music!
Fantastic. Works perfect.

Still, calling the mpd commands through the rest API should return the output of the command, I think...

But thanks for the help :-)

Cheers, Joe
The challenge is that MPD commands (except for volume) sent by the front-end go through /command/index.php but the front-end doesn't need the return data. Thats why only errors are returned.

It could be a configurable option though but most if not all the information about play state and song info is returned by the get_currentsong command. I suppose I should note in the Setup Guide that it requires the Metadata file to be turned on.
Enjoy the Music!