Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

[HOW TO] force folder.pjg
(07-31-2023, 08:31 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Re: CR, I don't disagree but the subject is a mine field.

This is probably the main reason the file has the notice in first place...
(07-31-2023, 07:53 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: Hey, guys, the + option doesn't exist yet for Joe User. It wasn't committed to the git repo until the week after the release of 8.3.3. Hence, that's not germane to the OP's issue.

Fact is, I can reproduce the OP's issue with the two albums I downloaded. One album has FLAC files with well-formed metadata including an embedded image in each and one album has FLAC files with well-formed metadata and not including an embedded image. Each album contains a number of jpg files including   folder.jpg (and also Cover.jpg in one of them).

For me, the problem arises because list-songfiles.sh was modified for r8.3.3 to return image files as well as music files. To my way of thinking, the logic in thumb-gen.php doesn't match up right. As a test, I commented out the added image types in the regen pattern in list-songfiles.sh after which the OP's albums "just work" with Cover search priority either Embedded or Cover file.

I'm comfortable telling a user that the cover image file in an album directory should have the generic name [Cc]over or [Ff]older but not comfortable saying that an album directory should not contain any other image files.

Not sure what to suggest for a solution since I don't know what else you have in mind for this code. As an aside, I'm feeling squiggy about searching up-directory to find an image. Seems to me there be dragons.

As another aside, I was surprised to see the copyright statement in list-songfiles.sh. It took me a minute to remember I submitted its predecessor  listall.sh. Given how much has been done to the code beyond simply renaming the script, I think the copyright statement needs to be adjusted but I'm not sure how it should read. 

Regards,
Kent

Right, the + option is for upcoming 8.3.4 but the OP's issue is happening because image types are included in the list-songfiles.sh scan, as if the + option were selected.

My suggestions (below) from earlier post prolly still apply. I agree that (2) is burdensome so either (1) or (3) should be doable.

"Basically the OP needs to either (1) embed a cover in the albums that are causing the issue or (2) have just one image file (the cover) in the Album folder.

ETA: or (3) switch "Cover search priority" to "Cover file" from "Embedded". The side effect is that if most of the collection contains embedded covers then "Cover file" priority will cause the thumbnail scan to take longer."

Regarding copyright notices, they should appear in original, creative works made by humans. It doesn't matter how simple or complex the work is, how its made or what it's made of or contains. You can refer to the tons of copyright info and laws to get a sense of how "originality" and "creative" are measured.

In the case of the list-songfiles.sh script which is just an enhanced version of the original script listall.sh created by Kent. The original script did something very unique and specific even though it used well known commands. I suppose I should add a copyright for myself to cover the enhancements at some point.

Remember that copyright grants the holder the right to determine how or if the work is to be copied and distributed. The License control the terms of copying and distribution. If a copyrighted work is not licensed then by default it cannot be copied and distributed.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub