Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

How do i access usb drive Folder bit lost
how do I select a mp3 folder on my USB drive which is connected to the raspberry pi, 
 I can select the MP3 Folder  via gui which  all works fine.

I have now just put a apple remote to it and volume up and down next etc all works
but I want to press the MENU button to select a folder on the USB drive

I have done this
begain
prog=irexec
Button=KEY_MENU
config=/home/pi/Mp3.sh
end

and made this script Mp3.sh

#!/bin/bash
mpc stop
mpc clear
mpc load Mp3
mpc play

and put in Home/pi

on the usb  it say USB/B007/MP3        

but when I press it Northing happens  I am totally Lost does anyone have any Idea where I am going wrong

Many thanks
@avior 

Two problems:

First, the mpc load command deals with playlist files, not with file directories. You should read the mpc documentation ("man mpc" from command line of your moOde player, or online at the musicpd.org site).

You probably want something like

Code:
mpc add USB/B007/MP3

Second, as you already noted yourself, you have to give full file or directory references relative to mpd's music directory root, so "USB/B007/MP3" rather than just "MP3".

Regards,
Kent
(09-20-2023, 04:36 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @avior 

Two problems:

First, the mpc load command deals with playlist files, not with file directories. You should read the mpc documentation ("man mpc" from command line of your moOde player, or online at the musicpd.org site).

You probably want something like

Code:
mpc add USB/B007/MP3

Second, as you already noted yourself, you have to give full file or directory references relative to mpd's music directory root, so "USB/B007/MP3" rather than just "MP3".

Regards,
Kent

Brilliant Thank you that did the trick  by putting "mpc add USB/B007/MP3"