Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Hello from Belgium
Hello everyone,

I liive in Belgium in a little town called Bornem, famous for it's yearly "death march", a 100 km non-stop walk.

I'm into high-end - what's in a name - audio since I was a little boy. I beliieve I got it in my DNA from my dad. Smile

In a nutshell, the system is about 2 x McIntosh 1.25KW mono amplifiers, a McIntosh D1100 DAC/Pre-amp, KEF Blade speakers and a Torus Power power conditioner.

As source, I used a Naim NDX, connected via S/PDIF to the dac. Today, I replaced the 8 year old Naim with a PI4 and a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro S/PDIF hat, to feed it in the D1100. Sounds amazing!

To be honest, being in IT myself, this started a "let's try this" project, using a spare PI, never with the intention to replace the Naim. However, I really love the powerful Moode UI, making it easy and fast to find and scroll albums in my +2100 flac Jazz collection.

Next step was ordering the S/PDIF hat to see how this would work out. The result was/is far above what I expected. So, the Naim has moved as a source to my second audio system (Cambridge Audio + Sonusfaber speakers), and the PI with Moode has become the source for my main system.

Besides the great sound quaity, I'm also very pleased with the stability of Moode. The system often plays all day, without any hick-up. Great work!

Cheers,
Kurt
(09-23-2023, 12:44 AM)kurt1970 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I liive in Belgium in a little town called Bornem, famous for it's yearly "death march", a 100 km non-stop walk.

I'm into high-end - what's in a name - audio since I was a little boy. I beliieve I got it in my DNA from my dad. Smile

In a nutshell, the system is about 2 x McIntosh 1.25KW mono amplifiers, a McIntosh D1100 DAC/Pre-amp, KEF Blade speakers and a Torus Power power conditioner.

As source, I used a Naim NDX, connected via S/PDIF to the dac. Today, I replaced the 8 year old Naim with a PI4 and a HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro S/PDIF hat, to feed it in the D1100. Sounds amazing!

To be honest, being in IT myself, this started a "let's try this" project, using a spare PI, never with the intention to replace the Naim. However, I really love the powerful Moode UI, making it easy and fast to find and scroll albums in my +2100 flac Jazz collection.

Next step was ordering the S/PDIF hat to see how this would work out. The result was/is far above what I expected. So, the Naim has moved as a source to my second audio system (Cambridge Audio + Sonusfaber speakers), and the PI with Moode has become the source for my main system.

Besides the great sound quaity, I'm also very pleased with the stability of Moode. The system often plays all day, without any hick-up. Great work!

Cheers,
Kurt

You might want to try a USB connection to the Mc.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub