Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: One folder empty view
Strange situation. I've got the library from my NAS. I found one folder with empty view but there are files *.flac. When I open the same folder in volumio or M.A.L.P (on android) there's the proper view, everything is visable.
Try the following:

1. Clear system logs (System Config)
2. Regenerate Library database (Library Config)
3. Examine MPD log for errors regarding the Folder you mentioned

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

You could also open your Web Browser javascript console and look for errors when opening that folder in Folder view.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Sad 
(09-29-2023, 09:59 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Try the following:

1. Clear system logs (System Config)
2. Regenerate Library database (Library Config)
3. Examine MPD log for errors regarding the Folder you mentioned

Code:
cat /var/log/mpd/log

I checked exactly as you instructed me. Unfortunately, there is nothing suspicious. In the mpd log all files from this folder--->  update: updating NAS/Musica/...... (no error notification). 
BTW. Examining the log I found some corrupt files but all of them in different folders.
Run the command below to check the directory and file permissions in the file system. The directory permissions should contain the Execute permission for example drwxr-xr-x and the file permissions should contain the Read permission for example -rw-r--r--. Owner should be root:root

Code:
ls -al "/mnt/NAS/Musica/FOLDER_NAME"

Check the metadata for a given file

Code:
mediainfo "/mnt/NAS/Musica/FOLDER_NAME/FILE_NAME"
Enjoy the Music!
(09-30-2023, 12:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Run the command below to check the directory and file permissions in the file system. The directory permissions should contain the Execute permission for example drwxr-xr-x and the file permissions should contain the Read permission for example -rw-r--r--. Owner should be root:root

Code:

Code:
I checked it. There's no problem with permission.
I have root root drwxrwxrwx.
I've  also checked by WinSCP all files in this problematic folder have properties: owner 501, group 500, owner RWX, group RWX, others RWX; octal 0777 (the same value as others non-problematic folders). It looks like a problem in MoodeAudio Sad
This folder from my NAS  is visible and fully usable when I use: foobar2000 on my comp (win10), Volumio on rpi 3B+ and M.A.L.P (mpd on android).
(10-01-2023, 07:29 PM)pegaso Wrote:
(09-30-2023, 12:17 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Run the command below to check the directory and file permissions in the file system. The directory permissions should contain the Execute permission for example drwxr-xr-x and the file permissions should contain the Read permission for example -rw-r--r--. Owner should be root:root

Code:

Code:
I checked it. There's no problem with permission.
I have root root drwxrwxrwx.
I've  also checked by WinSCP all files in this problematic folder have properties: owner 501, group 500, owner RWX, group RWX, others RWX; octal 0777 (the same value as others non-problematic folders). It looks like a problem in MoodeAudio Sad
This folder from my NAS  is visible and fully usable when I use: foobar2000 on my comp (win10), Volumio on rpi 3B+ and M.A.L.P (mpd on android).

Of course it could be some sort of bug in moOde code, but the absence of errors in Browser console, system logs, permissions, files etc and no obvious way to repro your particular issue it's pretty much impossible to troubleshoot.
Enjoy the Music!
Huh?

Quote:owner 501, group 500, owner RWX, group RWX, others RWX; octal 0777 (the same value as others non-problematic folders). It looks like a problem in MoodeAudio Sad

There is no user 501 on any of my systems. In a stock moOde install I expect user 0 is root and user 1000 is  the default user ("pi" or whatever was chosen at install). This suggests to me that something odd is going on with your system. How is your NAS mounted---SMB or NFS? you're mounting the NAS share via NFS and there's a user 501 in group 500 on the NAS host. The permissions game can get weird when NFS is involved.

Quote:I checked exactly as you instructed me. Unfortunately, there is nothing suspicious. In the mpd log all files from this folder--->  update: updating NAS/Musica/...... (no error notification).
BTW. Examining the log I found some corrupt files but all of them in different folders.

How about you show us the actual results from the various tests Tim asked you to perform? ...the relevant section of the mpd log, the permissions all the way down from /mnt/NAS to the actual files in question.

You didn't show us what you get when you run mediainfo on one of the files in question. A hard test that a flac file is processable as a music file is to run something like this from the command line

Code:
ffmpeg -i /mnt/NAS/Musica/blah/blah > /dev/null

If all is good, you'll get a report like this one for Tim's Stereo Test file

Code:
moody@moode:~ $ ffmpeg -i /mnt/SDCARD/'Stereo Test'/LRMonoPhase4.flac > /dev/null
ffmpeg version 4.3.6-0+deb11u1+rpt3 Copyright (c) 2000-2023 the FFmpeg developers
 built with gcc 10 (Debian 10.2.1-6)
 configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0+deb11u1+rpt3 --toolchain=hardened --incdir=/usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --disable-filter=resample --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libcodec2 --enable-libdav1d --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libjack --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librabbitmq --enable-librsvg --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libsrt --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-lv2 --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opencl --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --disable-mmal --enable-neon --enable-v4l2-request --enable-libudev --enable-epoxy --enable-sand --libdir=/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu --arch=arm64 --enable-pocketsphinx --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-vout-drm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
 libavutil      56. 51.100 / 56. 51.100
 libavcodec     58. 91.100 / 58. 91.100
 libavformat    58. 45.100 / 58. 45.100
 libavdevice    58. 10.100 / 58. 10.100
 libavfilter     7. 85.100 /  7. 85.100
 libavresample   4.  0.  0 /  4.  0.  0
 libswscale      5.  7.100 /  5.  7.100
 libswresample   3.  7.100 /  3.  7.100
 libpostproc    55.  7.100 / 55.  7.100
Input #0, flac, from '/mnt/SDCARD/Stereo Test/LRMonoPhase4.flac':
 Metadata:
   ENCODER         : X Lossless Decoder 20161007
   TITLE           : LR Channel And Phase
   ARTIST          : Koz
   ALBUM           : Stereo Test
   GENRE           : Utilities
   album_artist    : Koz
   track           : 1
   TRACKTOTAL      : 1
   TOTALTRACKS     : 1
   DATE            : 1997
   TITLESORT       : LR Channel And Phase
   ARTISTSORT      : Koz
   ALBUMSORT       : Stereo Test
 Duration: 00:00:38.76, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 437 kb/s
   Stream #0:0: Audio: flac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16
   Stream #0:1: Video: png, rgb24(pc), 300x300 [SAR 2835:2835 DAR 1:1], 90k tbr, 90k tbn, 90k tbc (attached pic)
   Metadata:
     comment         : Cover (front)
At least one output file must be specified

Show your work.

As Tim says, it's always possible there's a bug in the code but until we get enough data to be able to replicate the problem  ourselves there's not much that can be done.

Regards,
Kent
Hi, I was out for a few days. Just examining as You recommended. So it looks like:

Code:
pi@125moode:~ $ ls -al "/mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD"
total 1024
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     0 Oct  3 21:10  .
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     0 Oct  3 17:29  ..
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     0 Sep 28 21:23 '2007. In Rainbows [24bit 44kHz]'
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     0 Oct  2 23:42 '2008. The Best Of'
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 48060 Feb 20  2021  COVER.jpg
pi@125moode:~ $ mediainfo "/mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD/2008. The Best Of/disc 1/01. Just.flac"
General
Complete name                            : /mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD/2008. The Best Of/disc 1/01. Just.flac
Format                                   : FLAC
Format/Info                              : Free Lossless Audio Codec
File size                                : 31.7 MiB
Duration                                 : 3 min 54 s
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 1 134 kb/s
Album                                    : The Best Of
Part                                     : 1
Part/Total                               : 2
Track name                               : Just
Track name/Position                      : 01
Track name/Total                         : 16
Performer                                : Radiohead
Genre                                    : Alternative Rock
Recorded date                            : 2008
Cover                                    : Yes
Cover type                               : Cover (front)
Cover MIME                               : image/jpeg

Audio
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 1 132 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless
Stream size                              : 31.7 MiB (100%)
Writing library                          : libFLAC 1.3.0 (UTC 2013-05-26)

pi@125moode:~ $ ffmpeg -i /mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD/2008. The Best Of/disc 1/01. Just.flac > /dev/null
ffmpeg version 4.3.4-0+deb11u1+rpt3 Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers
 configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0+deb11u1+rpt3 --toolchain=hardened --incdir=/usr/include/aarch64-linux-gnu --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --disable-filter=resample --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libaom --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libcodec2 --enable-libdav1d --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libjack --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librabbitmq --enable-librsvg --enable-librubberband --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libsrt --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-lv2 --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opencl --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --disable-mmal --enable-neon --enable-v4l2-request --enable-libudev --enable-epoxy --enable-sand --libdir=/usr/lib/aarch64-linux-gnu --arch=arm64 --enable-pocketsphinx --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-vout-drm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
/mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD/2008.: No such file or directory
(10-07-2023, 11:25 AM)pegaso Wrote: Hi, I was out for a few days. Just examining as You recommended. So it looks like:

Code:
pi@125moode:~ $ ls -al "/mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD"
total 1024
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     0 Oct  3 21:10  .
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     0 Oct  3 17:29  ..
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     0 Sep 28 21:23 '2007. In Rainbows [24bit 44kHz]'
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root     0 Oct  2 23:42 '2008. The Best Of'
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 48060 Feb 20  2021  COVER.jpg
pi@125moode:~ $ mediainfo "/mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD/2008. The Best Of/disc 1/01. Just.flac"
General
Complete name                            : /mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD/2008. The Best Of/disc 1/01. Just.flac
File size                                : 31.7 MiB
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 1 134 kb/s
Album                                    : The Best Of
Part                                     : 1
Part/Total                               : 2
Track name                               : Just
Track name/Position                      : 01
Track name/Total                         : 16
Performer                                : Radiohead
Genre                                    : Alternative Rock
Recorded date                            : 2008
Cover                                    : Yes
Cover type                               : Cover (front)
Cover MIME                               : image/jpeg

Audio
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 1 132 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel layout                           : L R
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 kHz
Bit depth                                : 16 bits
Compression mode                         : Lossless
Stream size                              : 31.7 MiB (100%)
Writing library                          : libFLAC 1.3.0 (UTC 2013-05-26)

pi@125moode:~ $ ffmpeg -i /mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD/2008. The Best Of/disc 1/01. Just.flac > /dev/null
ffmpeg version 4.3.4-0+deb11u1+rpt3 Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers
/mnt/NAS/Musica/R/RADIOHEAD/2008.: No such file or directory

curious that you didn't enclose the file name passed to ffmpeg in double-quotes...

P.S.
do the files you don't see in folder view have dots (more than one, and possibly followed by space/s) in their names / folder names?
Quote:P.S.

do the files you don't see in folder view have dots (more than one, and possibly followed by space/s) in their names / folder names?

All folders and files in my NAS have the same name scheme with dots followed by space/s in their names / folder names. And it's rather not a problem. I haven't noticed other folders with this problem.

BTW. As I wrote before, this problematic  folder is visable and usable on volumio (another rpi) or on M.A.L.P (this rpi use on android) or in foobar2000 nn my comp