Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Do all Bluetooth speakers "beep"?
I have only two Bluetooth speakers, a JBL Flip2 and a Sonos Move, so not an exhaustive sampling, but both announce a Bluetooth connection has been made to them with a loud beeping of one kind or another. To the best of my knowledge the beep can't be silenced or  even diminished in volume.

This gets to be seriously annoying to me and drives my partner right out of the room. She has quite a startle response to impulsive noises.

Do all Bluetooth speakers have this "feature" and if not are there any you'd recommend?

Regards,
Kent

PS - That Sonos Move does support a proprietary WiFi interface, of course, but nobody's come up with a FOSS equivalent to Sonos Connect. Sigh.
My daughter had a Sony bluetooth speaker that beeped to recognise pairing, but was silent on subsequent connections. It was bought maybe 8 years ago now, so Sony devices may have developed a beep since.
----------------
Robert
My ANKER speaker has different beeps for paring, connecting and disconnecting. They are kind of annoying when doing a lot of testing but sort of useful when just using the speaker. There is no option to disable the chimes.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
It looks like the newer Anker Soundcore lineup has the ability to toggle the audible beep when connecting and disconnecting bluetooth. I just tried it out on my soundcore 3 speaker and the voice prompt toggle disabled the beep for both connect and disconnect. The newer "3" lineup looks to be compatible with their soundcore app where the settings are available along with basic EQ.

Edit: cool, it disables power on/off sound too so probably all audio queues

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-08-2023, 10:49 PM)Rees86 Wrote: It looks like the newer Anker Soundcore lineup has the ability to toggle the audible beep when connecting and disconnecting bluetooth. I just tried it out on my soundcore 3 speaker and the voice prompt toggle disabled the beep for both connect and disconnect. The newer "3" lineup looks to be compatible with their soundcore app where the settings are available along with basic EQ.

Edit: cool, it disables power on/off sound too so probably all audio queues

Nice :-)
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub