Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Volume goes to max when changing from local to bluetooth playback
Wink 
Hi, when I change the audio source from local usb to bluetooth (my phone), the volume goes to max. I have a usb knob that I configured as a volume knob with triggerhappy; as soon as i touch the knob the volume will go to the value it had before changing the audio source.
If I forgot to touch the knob and play music from my phone, I risk to kill my eardrum  Big Grin
Is this an intended behavior? Is there some option I am missing? Can I modify this behavior? I would like to keep the volume the same no matter the source. Thank you.
What are the exact steps including which device is sender and which is receiver that someone can use to reproduce the issue?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-05-2023, 07:24 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: What are the exact steps including which device is sender and which is receiver that someone can use to reproduce the issue?

The receiver is a raspberry pi4 (but I cannot retrieve the version of moode audio atm, anyway I installed it half june and it was the latest), the sender is a pixel 7 with stock rom.
Steps to reproduce: connect the phone to "moode audio" bluetooth. Then play music: it will be played at max volume. Turning the volume knob will make the volume immediately return to the state where it was before connecting to bluetooth. 

Anyway, in the meantime that you were answering me, another problem has occured. I reset my phone to factory settings, because I want a clean system (android 14 is rolling out on pixel devices). Now, when I try to connect to "moode audio", I get an error on the phone saying it can't connect because of wrong pin/password. 

I think deleting paired device in moode audio would solve the issue, but I don't see any option to do that in the system. Can you help me? Maybe something with ssh/terminal?
Question #2

Menu, Configure, Renderers
OPEN Bluetooth control
REMOVE your paired device

Question #1

Code:
"Steps to reproduce: connect the phone to "moode audio" bluetooth. Then play music: it will be played at max volume. Turning the volume knob will make the volume immediately return to the state where it was before connecting to bluetooth. "

Bluetooth volume is controlled by the sending device. The receiving device which in this case is moOde will set it's volume to 0dB (100%) to ensure that when the sending device volume is set to 0dB the overall volume is 0dB (100%).

It's same for Airplay, Spotify Connect, Squeezelite and RoonBridge. The volume is always controlled by the sending device.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Hi Tim!

i have a smaller Problem using Bluetooth input.
At first i had no sound when i connected my Fire TV Cube Gen 2 to the Raspberry Pi 4,
then i changed the Bluealsa to what follows..
# /etc/bluealsaaplay.conf
AUDIODEV=_audioout
BUFFERTIME=20000

Now Bluetooth plays, but its a bit too loud. With the Fire-TV Remote which normally controlls paired Bluetoothdevices, i cannot control the volume.
When i use my USB-Keyboard connected to the pi to control the volume, when i first press a + or - key, the volume drops to zero.
Then i have to press + frequently to return to normal sound. After this, i can control my volume via the USB-Keyboard connected to the Raspi.

Now i learned that the volume is always controled by the sender.
Was the problem to change the bluealsaaplay.conf?

Has somebody connected the pi via Bluetooth to an Fire-TV?

Greets an happy christmas!, Thomas