Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

WiFi Roaming
Hi All

I am currently tinkering with an RPI Zero 2W running Moode and fitted inside a portable radio.  The issue I have is the RPI and Moode stop responding to network requests when the PI roams between WiFi access points. 

The diagnostics I have performed so far point in the general direction of the I2S interface, a Pimorini shim.  A different Zero 2W running vanilla Raspbian roams with no ill affects apart from a few ping timeouts.

My question is, does anyone have a Moode player with I2S interface that is able to roam successfully?
By roaming, do you mean different access points on the same WLAN (mesh wi-fi, or boosters and the like)?
----------------
Robert
(10-09-2023, 11:24 AM)matts_uk Wrote: Hi All

I am currently tinkering with an RPI Zero 2W running Moode and fitted inside a portable radio.  The issue I have is the RPI and Moode stop responding to network requests when the PI roams between WiFi access points. 

The diagnostics I have performed so far point in the general direction of the I2S interface, a Pimorini shim.  A different Zero 2W running vanilla Raspbian roams with no ill affects apart from a few ping timeouts.

My question is, does anyone have a Moode player with I2S interface that is able to roam successfully?

What happens when you remove the I2S device?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-09-2023, 12:24 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: By roaming, do you mean different access points on the same WLAN (mesh wi-fi, or boosters and the like)?

Yes.  Moving between access points without rebooting, across a fancy Ubiquiti smart mesh.

I haven't tried removing the I2S shim yet as it's embedded in a portable radio and note very accessible

The next test I had planned was to try roaming the SD card in another Pi but I need to make up another battery pack first.
I'm running the same shim on my system, but I only have the one access point so I can't test myself.

(10-09-2023, 11:24 AM)matts_uk Wrote: A different Zero 2W running vanilla Raspbian roams with no ill affects apart from a few ping timeouts.

Can you put moOde onto that test system and see if the issue remains, that would take the shim out of the equation.
----------------
Robert