Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Hello from Seattle, WA
I have been using Moode Audio player on my Raspberry Pi 4B for some time.  However, recently after an update I could no longer use the player.  I now installed a new version but cannot get it up and running.  Does anyone know why?  Has anything changed in the NEWER versions of Moode Audio OS?

Thanks all in advance!  Smile
Follow the Setup Guide. There's a link on the Support page at moodeaudio.org
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-01-2023, 11:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Follow the Setup Guide. There's a link on the Support page at moodeaudio.org

Thanks Tim, it seems I use to have no problems installing this with your guide.  Some how it's not working this time around....maybe old age is setting in.
(11-02-2023, 01:01 AM)193moose Wrote:
(11-01-2023, 11:35 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Follow the Setup Guide. There's a link on the Support page at moodeaudio.org

Thanks Tim, it seems I use to have no problems installing this with your guide.  Some how it's not working this time around....maybe old age is setting in.

Hi 193moose,
would you please describe better your configuration, your issue and, if possible, the result of the following command:
Code:
moodeutl -s

Best regards and thanks,
Francesco
Hi Francesco,

Thanks for the reply. Upon first boot-up of Moode, I go to the WebUI and then to network configuration but cannot setup my router. I also tried saving AP mode as an option but the OS freezes and I have to reformat the SD again to use Moode all over again. I don't know how to use the command line with Moode by the way.

Thanks moose
(11-02-2023, 01:01 AM)193moose Wrote:

Actually, the link to the Setup Guide is under the Download moOde heading, but still did you really follow it? The procedure has changed because of changes by the Raspberry Pi Foundation.

In particular, did you follow these initial steps? (Possibly you did but you didn't say so explicitly)

Quote:SECURITY AND OPERATING SYSTEM (OS) IMAGE

For improved security the OS image does not contain the userid pi, SSH service,
WiFi SSID or Access Point password.

- Use the official Raspberry Pi Imager to choose a moOde OS image, enable SSH,
  create a userid and password and optionally a WiFi SSID and password.

*** READ THIS ***
  1. SSH and userid/password are REQUIRED for correct operation of moOde.
  2. Do not set the host name using the Imager. Refer to CUSTOM CONFIGURATIONS
     in this guide for information on changing the host name.

Weird things happen if this isn't done, for example, if one just flashes the downloaded image using Etcher or some other tool like it.

Regards,
Kent
Thanks Kent,

I was correct, things have changed! Curtis should state at the VERY TOP of his guide of the changes and proper procedure as you have with me. I WAS able to use Etcher in the past, but sounds like NOT anymore. Thanks again and I will more closely follow your suggestions!

Tom
I guess I have run into a stumbling block with your newer install of Moode. I have a feeling you may loose new users with not fully understanding the newer install process. My suggestion is to explain in greater detail what is required. I use Liinux but never used SSH or felt the need to use the Raspberry Pi Imager. Now that they are required you might explain more fully what is required. I had to stop using Moode at this point! Thanks, Tom
(12-12-2023, 08:07 PM)193moose Wrote: I guess I have run into a stumbling block with your newer install of Moode.  I have a feeling you may loose new users with not fully understanding the newer install process.  My suggestion is to explain in greater detail what is required.  I use Liinux but never used SSH or felt the need to use the Raspberry Pi Imager.  Now that they are required you might explain more fully what is required.  I had to stop using Moode at this point!  Thanks, Tom

This is not something invented by moOde.

Yes, the initial procedure is a bit exacting but it is forced on us by security measures which were recently imposed by the Raspberry Pi folks. We're just suggesting using the Imager tool they provide users to ease the task.

It's possible to do the imaging without the Raspberry Pi Imager but it's more complicated. I authored a thread in the FAQ and Guides section on this.

You don't need SSH active to set up moOde initially but you'll need it sooner or later. Again, the Imager makes enabling SSH easier.

Anyone using a Raspberry Pi should be familiar with the Rasberry Pi documentation. Since the use of the Imager is well covered in it (see Getting Started) it seems pointless to repeat it in detail in the moOde documentation, especially since it changes from time to time.

Hope you decide to give moOde another go. With some 2200 users on this site we seem to be doing all right. Tim has given us a gem.

Regards,
Kent
Note Thread closed.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub