Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Bluetooth extension to allow for pairing confirmation
Some bluetooth systems require a two way confirmation both from the stereo/speaker side and the pairing device side.

Case in point: Ford Sync pairs with phones, you confirm on the Ford Sync screen that the numbers match what's shown on the device and then you need to confirm from the device side. If you don't do this you can't pair with the vehicle.

My Son was really hoping to pair his new Pi4 Moode Audio with his Ford Escape as he can't afford to retrofit a SYNC 3 into it and Moode does everything that he wants.

Just hoping maybe a feature upgrade might be considered to allow for confirmation based pairing at some point. Thanks. This is a wonderful project that is useful to many.
I'm not an expert on Bluetooth configuration but maybe someone knows a way to implement this?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-06-2023, 06:18 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I'm not an expert on Bluetooth configuration but maybe someone knows a way to implement this?

I guess it's considered legacy pairing at this point.

https://www.bluetooth.com/blog/bluetooth...t-of-band/