Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: No cover art displays for APE files
I've noticed that cover art is not displaying for any albums made of APE files. 
I've tried changing the thumbnail resolution from Auto to 500px and 600px, but no change. 
I've tried removing old tags and writing new ones, but no change.
Cover art displays fine for albums of FLAC or DSF files. Just not for APE files.  

I could convert the APE files to FLAC, but I'm puzzled why this new issue would suddenly pop up like this. Must be a setting I changed, or something like that. 

Any troubleshooting ideas? Anything I should look for? 

Thanks.
(11-07-2023, 03:32 AM)rongon Wrote: I've noticed that cover art is not displaying for any albums made of APE files. 
I've tried changing the thumbnail resolution from Auto to 500px and 600px, but no change. 
I've tried removing old tags and writing new ones, but no change.
Cover art displays fine for albums of FLAC or DSF files. Just not for APE files.  

I could convert the APE files to FLAC, but I'm puzzled why this new issue would suddenly pop up like this. Must be a setting I changed, or something like that. 

Any troubleshooting ideas? Anything I should look for? 

Thanks.

There’s a lot you haven’t said and it’s too late in the evening for me to get started. I’ll leave with this Link to a recent thread 

Regards,
Kent
That "Missed covers and dates for APE and WV audio files" thread is informative and really helpful. Thanks for posting the link to that.
I'm seeing here exactly what's described in that thread. With Thumbgen Scan set to Default, no cover art shows for APE or WavPack files.
When I changed the setting for Thumbgen Scan from Default to All+, all cover art showed up fine after regenerating the Thumbnail cache.
As expected, the DATE tag does not display when playing APE files. I think I'll start converting any APE files I have to FLAC.
I also see that DSF files compressed with WavPack are identified as "8/88.2kHz, WavPack" in the playback screen, but my DAC displays "2.82 DSD". That suggests they're playing fine, just displaying the sampling frequency in a funny way. Not a big deal.
Mystery solved.
Thanks again.