Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Library update
I do. Also, I fire the update ONLY from the TAG view, and after getting the "Library loading" toast-msg, I just wait a couple of seconds to see the new library loading.
Sometimes, if I happen to be looking into an artist being updated, I may see the new albums without the album art; this is temporary though, as the thumb-generator might not be done yet... a change to another artist, and back, everything is fine.
(11-21-2023, 08:08 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: Ok. Will do.
To be sure, where do I find the log you're referring to?
In the settings, I switched on "Reduced logging". Will this still produce enough information?

No prob with reduced logging. It doesn't affect the moode or mpd logs.

The moode log can be downloaded from the Logs section of System Config or via the command moodeutl -l which you would run from an SSH terminal. There is a built in web SSH terminal on System Config.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Yes - I wait till the spinner disappears. It's when I check afterwards I see that the views aren't updated. But, when I do an "Advanced Search", I do see and find the librararies. So, it seems the update process worked fine. Knowing this, I thought a reboot would fix it, but that's not the case.
(11-21-2023, 10:41 PM)kurt1970 Wrote: Yes - I wait till the spinner disappears. It's when I check afterwards I see that the views aren't updated. But, when I do an "Advanced Search", I do see and find the librararies. So, it seems the update process worked fine. Knowing this, I thought a reboot would fix it, but that's not the case.

Thing is, from which view are you doing the update; as said, not from everyone does the local library json file get reloaded immediately; it does, though, when in the TAG view (artists on the left-albums on the right-tracks on the bottom view...).
The search option in Folder view queries mpd directly. Library Tag and Album view searches involve the Library tag cache file.

ETA: Another thing to try is to turn off any Browser extensions that you feel may be blocking, and also clear the Browser cache.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
In order to test some things, I removed some album and recreated the music database as a starting point.

In the meantime, I added/removed albums from within different vieuws and updated the library via the menu option. The odd thing is that everything works fine now. Maybe this points to some DB corruption?