Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Combine Music Sources
Question 
Is it possible to combine multiple music sources into a single pool in moOde?

I have several sources that I'd like to browse as if it were one. Like having for example /mnt/NAS/NAS/Flac/[Artist Dirs], /mnt/NAS/NAS/Opus/[Artist Dirs], /mnt/NAS/NAS/iTunes/[Artist Dirs] all combined into a single source containing all of the Artist Directories.

I have come across a Linux utility called mergerfs which seems to do what I want at an operating system level, however I have also been unsuccessful trying  to mount the combined directory as a source in moOde.

Are either of these approaches feasible?
Make three shares on your NAS: Flac, Opus and Tunes and then in Library Config create three Music Sources, one for each of the shares.

When moOde generates the Library all the Music Sources will be indexed as a single source in Tag and Album views. Folder view however will list each of the three shares separately.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(12-03-2023, 02:56 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Make three shares on your NAS: Flac, Opus and Tunes and then in Library Config create three Music Sources, one for each of the shares.

When moOde generates the Library all the Music Sources will be indexed as a single source in Tag and Album views. Folder view however will list each of the three shares separately.

Thanks Tim! I had been using the Folder view almost exclusively and forgot about the other views. The Album view makes much more sense for my use case.