Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: ReplayGain does not work in AIFF file
Hello,

ReplayGain does not work with AIFF file.
ReplayGain works correctly with FLAC or Apple Lossless file converted from same AIFF file.
I confirmed the tag with foobar 2000, but the tag of ReplayGain is correctly written in any file.
However, AIFF is written in the wiki as follows, it seems to be slightly different from other formats.

".aiff, .aif, .aifc (Apple Interchange File Format) – ID3v2 (in "ID3" IFF chunk)"
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?ti...cification

MPD does not support ReplayGain of AIFF file?
Please tell me how to make ReplayGain work with AIFF file.
AFAIK MPD only supports replay gain through standard ID3v2 ReplayGain tags.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(10-18-2018, 03:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: AFAIK MPD only supports replay gain through standard ID3v2 ReplayGain tags.

Hi Tim,

I checked type and priority of decoder plugin by "mpd -V" command.
The "audiofile" decoder is used preferentially for decoding AIFF files.
I added the following description in mpd.conf, changed the setting to disable "audiofile" decoder and decode it by "ffmpeg".

Code:
decoder {
plugin "audiofile"
enabled "no"
}

Reboot and playback AIFF file, ReplayGain worked!

But there is one problem.
I access moode audio in browser and change setting of MPD Config, mpd.conf file will be updated and remove description to disable "audiofile" decoder.
Therefore, I have one request.
Could you add a feature of disable specific decoder to MPD Config setting? 
In that feature, a description to disable specific decoder will written in mpd.conf.
Please consider this request.

Thank you.
The upcoming moOde 4.3 in-place update will revert to the ffmpeg-only compile of MPD and so should solve your issue :-)
Enjoy the Music!
(10-19-2018, 02:31 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The upcoming moOde 4.3 in-place update will revert to the ffmpeg-only compile of MPD and so should solve your issue :-)

Oh, I got it. Inevitably AIFF's ReplayGain problem is solved,  isn't it?

Thanks.
Correct, because MPD will be compiled without the audiofile decoder. Aiff format will be decoded by ffmpeg.
Enjoy the Music!