Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Screen blanking on Pi Zero W install
I used the Raspberry Pi imager to copy the 32-bit version of MoOde onto an SD card. I also used the edit settings options to add my wifi SSID and password and setup a user.  I then powered on my Pi Zero W 1.1 (with JustBoom Dac zero), but it didn't appear on my network. So I connected a screen and a keyboard to see what was happening. I managed to log in, but soon after the screen blanks to grey. It is still sending a signal, because the monitor doesn't sleep. Is this screen greying a feature or is something going wrong. It can log in, but then I don't have time to do much else before the screen goes grey.  Any help much appreciated, I'm looking forward to giving MoOde a try. Thanks.
Terminal access is only possible over SSH but this requires a network connection to the Pi.

Couple things to check:

- The Zero W only supports 2.4 GHz WiFi so make sure the SSID you are specifying is for your 2.4 GHz network.
- Double check the SSID and password in the Pi Imager.

If you have a USB to Ethernet adapter leave the WiFi settings as entered and connect via Ethernet, then reboot and post the contents of the startup log.

The log can be viewed via the SSH command moodeutl -l or downloaded via the Logs section in System Config, or via Menu, System info from the any of the Config screens. The startup log will be at the end of System info output.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I will have a look to see if I have a USB to Ethernet adapter. The network is 2.4Ghz, but I will double check the SSID and password. (I have done this a couple of times now though already). I also have plenty of other different Raspberry Pi models that do have Ethernet, so I will test the process on them also. It's just that I have several of these Pi Zero's with DAC's that I am looking for a use for.

I am assuming the answer to this is no. But is there an install script for installing MoOde on a Debian based distro? I was just thinking of a possible alternative approach to using the image.

Oh and terminal access is possible on device... but only briefly ;D

Thanks for the help.
I found a USB to Ethernet connector, it connected using that. I re-entered the SSID and password, selected the DAC, restarted and it worked. Thanks again for your help. +1
Now I have some configuring and some tinkering to do... but I can do it listening to my old friend Groove Salad Smile
(02-26-2024, 04:51 PM)pagandan Wrote: I found a USB to Ethernet connector, it connected using that. I re-entered the SSID and password, selected the DAC, restarted and it worked. Thanks again for your help.  +1
Now I have some configuring and some tinkering to do... but I can do it listening to my old friend Groove Salad Smile

For future reference, you had two other means to enter the WiFi info.

1) put the uSD card back in the system you first flashed it with. Use a text editor to create a moodecfg.ini file in the boot filesystem on the first partition. (Refer to section 3. AUTO-CONFIGURE AT BOOT in the setup.txt guide.) Reboot the card in your Pi Zero W.

or

2) since you have other, higher-model Pis at hand, boot the uSD card on one of them and do the editing from the webUI. Reboot the card on your Pi Zero W.

I can never find the adapter cable I want when I need it!

Regards,
Kent