Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Desktop Environment on Moode
Hello

This may sound strange to many of you but I wonder what (lightweight) desktop environment would be appropriate to install on Moode ?

I came to this question after installing a DAB+ receiver on Moode.
The integration with moode is not very practical in my opinion.
You need to declare all the radio stations beforehand (as you do for web radio). This can be acceptable for a static solution in your living room, but not usable for a mobile radio.

Unfortunatly DAB+ Reception applications (such as Welle-io) don't have a "complete" web interface. By "complete interface" I mean the ability to search for radio stations available in you area and present them in a form of a list so you can select and play the one you want to listen to.
This complete interface is available via an app running in a desktop environment.
Hence my initial question "what (lightweight) desktop environment would be appropriate to install on Moode ?"

Knowing that we have and headless RPI running Moode with the DAB+ receiver (hardware + software) monitored from an Iphone via a webbrowser for Moode ecosystem and via remote desktop acces when playing DAB+ .

Of course a smart solution would be to have an additionnal menu inside moode dedicated to DAB+ reception with all the functionnalities (scan, list, play) accessible from the Moode web interface. (anyone ? )