Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: Moode Display Unresponsive
Sad 
Hello,

After about 2 months normal use, my Moode pi with official 7" touchscreen is unresponsive after booting. It's on the NAS screen and I can't change back to radio for example. By moode.local I can connect at first then it times out, unresponsive. SSH connection to the device by ip is rejected. I had connected with Spotify recently and Bluetooth with a new device.

A little while after booting the screen goes black. moode.local no longer responds.

I'm not sure where to start to troubleshoot?

Thank you!
Have you updated recently?

Try detaching the display and rebooting, does it work through moode.local then? If so a startup log posted here gives us a lot of information to work on.
----------------
Robert
(03-07-2024, 04:26 PM)the_bertrum Wrote: Have you updated recently?

Try detaching the display and rebooting, does it work through moode.local then?  If so a startup log posted here gives us a lot of information to work on.

Hello,

I haven't done any manual updates. I'm not sure if moode auto-updates on its own?

I did detach the display and found that the issue hasn't resolved when trying moode.local.

Where can I access the startup log. I don't have SSH access, as far as I know. The IP address I tried from my home router refuses SSH connections.

Thank you!
1. Reboot your Router
2. Power off the Pi
3. Connect an Ethernet cable to the Pi
4. Power up the Pi and then see if things start working.

If not then try a fresh image, leave Ethernet connected and if no success then it would suggest some sort of network issue.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Tried 1-4 with no luck.

All items [OK] in green on boot-up and boots into Moode. Ideally I'd like to avoid re-imaging. My setup was sweet with my radio stations programmed and NAS setup..

Looks like I should have explored backing up the system. I didn't realize I was done configuring the system until now.

I'm interested in a multi-room setup. Can one of the pi's be a touch screen? That would be ideal..
I've reimaged and the unit plays fine now. Verified that SSH functional. Works over wifi.