Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Multiroom reciever drops out after a couple of minutes
Hi,
im trying to setup an Spotify mutliroom setup. As the sender im using pi 3b+ connected via ethernet. As the reciever im using an pi zero w2 connected via wifi. I pretty much just followed the setup guide and every thing seemed to be working just fine for the first few minutes. But what happend next was that the reciever stopped playing after around 3 minutes and only white noise was audible. If disabled and reenabled the reciever via the webinterface of the sender it imidiatly continues playing for another 3 Minutes until the white noise returnes. I might be worth mentioing that the sender never "stops" playing. Its more like the reciever stops recieving. Maybe someone can make sense out of that?

Best wishes
Hamsi
The symptom suggests a network issue.

Run a 30 sec ping test from the sender to the receiver and see if the ping stats show any network issues for example excessive retries, dropped packets, long round trip times.

You can also try the commands below on the receiver which will also show network stats.

Code:
ifconfig
iwconfig
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-11-2024, 10:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: The symptom suggests a network issue.

Run a 30 sec ping test from the sender to the receiver and see if the ping stats show any network issues for example excessive retries, dropped packets, long round trip times.

You can also try the commands below on the receiver which will also show network stats.

Code:
ifconfig
iwconfig

Hi, thx for the quick response. I try pinging from the sender to the reciever with not a single packet loss.
131 packets transmitted, 131 received, 0% packet loss, time 130192ms                                                                                                                                                                                  
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 2.995/8.212/210.868/25.898 ms

ifconfig also shows no packet losses
RX errors 0  dropped 0  overruns 0  frame 0
TX packets 678  bytes 60377 (58.9 KiB)   
TX errors 0  dropped 0 overruns 0  carrier 0  collisions 0
Its not obvious to me what might be happening.

Assuming the Advanced options are all at their defaults for Sender and Receiver you could try:

- Run the Sender on same WiFi network as Receiver
- Swap in Pi3/3+ as Receiver
- Leave Sender on Ethernet and plug Receiver into Ethernet port
- Increase the ALSA buffer on Receiver and Sender

The goal is to isolate the issue
Enjoy the Music!
(03-12-2024, 11:37 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Its not obvious to me what might be happening.

Assuming the Advanced options are all at their defaults for Sender and Receiver you could try:

- Run the Sender on same WiFi network as Receiver
- Swap in Pi3/3+ as Receiver
- Leave Sender on Ethernet and plug Receiver into Ethernet port
- Increase the ALSA buffer on Receiver and Sender

The goal is to isolate the issue

Thx for the input i give it a shot.
What audio device is connected to the Receiver?
Enjoy the Music!