Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Multiroom - No audio when receiver connected to Bluetooth speakers
Hi,

I've setup multiroom and for the most part everthing works fine. Here's my components:

- Sender is a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
  - Receiver is a Raspberry Pi Zero WH with a JustBoom DAC Zero PHAT

Streaming music tracks from the sender to the receiver whist the receiver is connected line-in to a pair of speakers works. However when the receiver is connected to the speakers via Bluetooth and the sender stream a track there's no audio.

I've disabling the receiver daemon and connected the Pi Zero to the speakers via Bluetooth & successfully played local music tracks so it appears there's not an issue with Bluetooth connectivity.

Read the documentation and this forum, attempted a few configuration changes but nothing appears to work.

Has anyone had success with a similar multiroom/Bluetooth setup. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
David
You could try the following but I don't know if the receiver daemon will be able to open the ALSA Bluetooth stream output (bitstream). It may only be able to open local ALSA devices.

1. Un-click the Receiver or turn it off in Multiroom Config.
2. Start it from the command line

Code:
# Test outputting to Bluetooth stream
sudo trx-rx -d btstream -h 239.0.0.1 -p 1350 -m 128 -j 64 -f 1920 -R 45 -D /tmp/trx-rxpid

# For outputting to Headphone jack (plughw:1,0)
sudo trx-rx -d plughw:1,0 -h 239.0.0.1 -p 1350 -m 128 -j 64 -f 1920 -R 45 -D /tmp/trx-rxpid
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-14-2024, 11:03 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: You could try the following but I don't know if the receiver daemon will be able to open the ALSA Bluetooth stream output (bitstream). It may only be able to open local ALSA devices.

1. Un-click the Receiver or turn it off in Multiroom Config.
2. Start it from the command line

Code:
# Test outputting to Bluetooth stream
sudo trx-rx -d btstream -h 239.0.0.1 -p 1350 -m 128 -j 64 -f 1920 -R 45 -D /tmp/trx-rxpid

# For outputting to Headphone jack (plughw:1,0)
sudo trx-rx -d plughw:1,0 -h 239.0.0.1 -p 1350 -m 128 -j 64 -f 1920 -R 45 -D /tmp/trx-rxpid

Well thank you very much that worked for both the headphone jack and Bluetooth. I'll look into writing a start up script to pair and connect to the Bluetooth speaker and then run trx-rx on Pi reboot. Thanks again.
I'll add to the TODO list for upcoming moOde 9 to update the ALSA output mode options in Receiver Config.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub