Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: No volume, pause, play nex when using Spotify
When streaming through Spotify, I only see "Spotify Active" and two buttons - 'Disconnect' and 'Audio Info'. However. I am not able to control volume, play/pause, play next/prev. Is this normal? How can I control the volume (e.g. when my wife's phone is in her pocket)?
For the renderers for example Airplay, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect, Squeezrlite and RoonBridge the volume is always controlled by the client App.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(03-16-2024, 04:44 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: For the renderers for example Airplay, Bluetooth, Spotify Connect, Squeezrlite and RoonBridge the volume is always controlled by the client App.

Thank you Tim! Hope will have some time to dive into the code base and contribute eventually. Is this a design decision or are you open to implement new features?
I'm always open to changes as long as they make sense and the project has the bandwidth to implement and support them.

As far as local volume control for Spotify Connect goes, librespot would need to support keeping the client volume in sync or you end up with a confusing situation where client and server volume are different.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub