Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Moode vs. SOADs Steal this Album!
A little bit of background to the current issue -
I have never been able to get this album to show cover art in the album view. It shows in folder view.
I have tried downloading other image files of the cover, embedding the image, all sorts of variations of removing, adding, rebuilding the library, regenerating thumbnails, rewriting tags, etc etc nothing would change the issue.
I gave up and decided to live with it.
On upgrading to 9.01 I wanted to sort this out so I downloaded 2 more (different) copies of this album.
As before the 2 new copies show up as expected (including coverart) in folder view, and I can play the songs from there.
This is where it get's really strange
In Album view the original album is gone and there is one "album" showing with the correct title but its's listed under V with the artist name 'Various'. When I click on the album nothing happens (should show tracks) when I use the menu to show tracks there is an empty box with 'Music Collection' written in the middle.
I have removed and replaced the 2 new albums one at a time and this doesn't change whether all are in the library or only either one.
If I remove the 2 new versions and do a library update the original album is listed correctly, with tracks but still no cover art.
I have checked the tags, they seem normal. They are different enough that they should be listed separately (as they are in folder view) and there is nothing in the tags to explain why the band is listed as 'Various'
Both folders have correctly named .jpg cover files and the art is also embedded.
All other System of a Down albums appear as expected. All other artists with multiple copies of the same album show and work as they should
All music files are .flac

Apologies for the long post, any and all ideas appreciated.
(06-04-2024, 10:42 PM)Mattt Wrote: I have never been able to get this album to show cover art in the album view. It shows in folder view.
It's hard to tell without any meat to chew...
Could you upload the album (the first one should be enough) somewhere and then PM a download link to it to me (@Nutul ), @TheOldPresbyope and @Tim Curtis, one of us will have a look into it.
As a quick answer: it is most probably either badly tagged, or some "wrong" tag is being used, based on the file type (that is: Id3v2 on a FLAC file, where a VorbisComment one should have been used)
Time (and effort) will tell.

Thank you.
(06-04-2024, 10:57 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 10:42 PM)Mattt Wrote: I have never been able to get this album to show cover art in the album view. It shows in folder view.
It's hard to tell without any meat to chew...
Could you upload the album (the first one should be enough) somewhere and then PM a download link to it to me (@Nutul ), @TheOldPresbyope and @Tim Curtis, one of us will have a look into it.
As a quick answer: it is most probably either badly tagged, or some "wrong" tag is being used, based on the file type (that is: Id3v2 on a FLAC file, where a VorbisComment one should have been used)
Time (and effort) will tell.

Thank you.

cheers
It all looks fine on my 8.3.9.
I do not have a 9.0.x yet, but don't think it introduced anything on the matter.

Here are my views

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(06-04-2024, 11:24 PM)Nutul Wrote: It all looks fine on my 8.3.9.
I do not have a 9.0.x yet, but don't think it introduced anything on the matter.

Here are my views

Huh
I can't remember what version I first used 6.xx maybe. It's never shown up for me on any version.

Any other suggestions?
@Mattt

Give us a running start---what is the source of the albums you are downloading? I just downloaded all the album tracks in FLAC format and 'Steal This Album.jpg' from Internet Archives and the album is behaving as expected displaying proper metadata. The track files pass inspection by the utilities flac and metaflac.

Regards,
Kent
(06-04-2024, 11:31 PM)Mattt Wrote:

Here are my views

Huh
I can't remember what version I first used 6.xx maybe. It's never shown up for me on any version.

Any other suggestions?

delete the whole contents of the folder /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache by:

Code:
sudo rm -f /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/*

Then regenerate the thumbnail cache. It's the only thing I can think about.

TTYTT I just downloaded one file (the first) I am now trying with the whole album.
I store all the tracks of an album in ONE folder. My file structure is as follows:
ARTIST folder => ALBUM folder => all tracks in here
(06-04-2024, 11:39 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @Mattt

Give us a running start---what is the source of the albums you are downloading? I just downloaded all the album tracks in FLAC format and 'Steal This Album.jpg' from Internet Archives and the album is behaving as expected displaying proper metadata. The track files pass inspection by the utilities flac and metaflac.

Regards,
Kent

The original album was ripped and tagged by me a long time ago. I no longer have the cd.
The 2 new albums are from a *cough* torrent *cough* site.
One of the new albums was part of a discography, which when it didn't behave as expected I went back to and downloaded the rest. The other albums in the discography behave as expected.
(06-04-2024, 11:44 PM)Nutul Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 11:31 PM)Mattt Wrote:

Here are my views

Huh

Any other suggestions?

delete the whole contents of the folder /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache by:

Code:
sudo rm -f /var/local/www/imagesw/thmcache/*

Then regenerate the thumbnail cache. It's the only thing I can think about.

TTYTT I just downloaded one file (the first) I am now trying with the whole album.
I store all the tracks of an album in ONE folder. My file structure is as follows:
ARTIST folder => ALBUM folder => all tracks in 
Yes, my structure is the same.
As 9.0.1 was a new install on a different sd card, the images folder would have been empty when I first built the library?
- Downloaded the contents of the entire folder, as is.
- removed all files in the thumbnail cache folder
- updated the library (the thunms get auto-generated)
Everything is working.
The only thing weird is the artwork, that not being perfectly square (is that even a thing??? how could you possibly be not-perfertly-square... I mean, either you are, or you are not...) so its right side is cropped.

Here the new screenshots

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)