Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

version 4_3, Failed To Open ALSA Device Hardware:0,0 - no such file
Just ran Moode 4.3 for first time, and really impressed with WEB UI. Just not getting any audio.

Went to do the main sound test on the home page and a popup appears: Failed to open ALSO device Hardware:0,0 - no such file or directory

Using a HiFiBerry Amp 2 and have set it in the audio config to hifiberry amp + is this the issue?

turned ON spotify (Spotify on my phone sees its fine) and rebooted

Just not getting any sound playback - any ideas?

from the web gui, I tried setting Audio Confihg > 12S audio device to NONE and checked I could get audio from my headphones on the PI, which I could
(11-13-2018, 12:11 PM)DaxTrajero Wrote: Just ran Moode 4.3 for first time, and really impressed with WEB UI. Just not getting any audio.

Went to do the main sound test on the home page and a popup appears: Failed to open ALSO device Hardware:0,0 - no such file or directory

Using a HiFiBerry Amp+ and have set it in the audio config, turned ON spotify (Spotify on my phone sees its fine) and rebooted

re-set your audio device from withing moOde System>Audio config
<marquee behavior="alternate" scrolldelay=150
~~~~>>>Please always follow rules and read before you post<<<~~~~

</marquee>
just updated issue - please note I'm using HiFiBerry AMP 2

I've set moode audio config 12S device as Hifiberry AMP +

Is this the issue?
(11-13-2018, 12:11 PM)DaxTrajero Wrote: Just ran Moode 4.3 for first time, and really impressed with WEB UI. Just not getting any audio.

Using a HiFiBerry Amp 2 and have set it in the audio config to hifiberry amp + is this the issue?

from the web gui, I tried setting Audio Confihg > 12S audio device to NONE and checked I could get audio from my headphones on the PI, which I could

What I2S driver does Hifiberry specify for the AMP 2?
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-13-2018, 12:32 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

What I2S driver does Hifiberry specify for the AMP 2?

Hi, no idea - now you mention it, I'm checking the HiFiBerry Forum. They suggest aplay -l and there's no devices listed at all, so I guess I need to add a driver for the AMP2 somethow - going to check how to do that now

UPDATE: I think I need to add the driver in, which they have a guide for here:
https://www.hifiberry.com/build/document...ux-3-18-x/

Would this make sense?
Yes, they specify hifiberry-dacplus.

1. Menu, Configure Audio
- select HifiBerry DAC+ from the I2S dropdown list and then click SET

2. Reboot

3. Menu, Configure, Audio
- MPD options EDIT SETTINGS
- Verify that Audio output is "I2S audio device"
- APPLY

4. Play a song file or radio station