Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Solved: uPnP not working
Hi All,

I've been running moode for a while now.  However, I never really managed to have the upnp stream options working.

I either use an app an android to feed youtube mainly or use StreamWhatYouHear from windows.

None of the above options work though and that'll be nice to have them working!

If anyone has had a similar issue or ideas on what I can check.

Ta!
(11-23-2018, 03:33 PM)flexyflow Wrote: Hi All,

I've been running moode for a while now.  However, I never really managed to have the upnp stream options working.

I either use an app an android to feed youtube mainly or use StreamWhatYouHear from windows.

Ta!

Hi, @flexyflow

There's not much actionable information here.

In moOde's Audio config panel, did you set UPnP Client for MPD "on"? That should be suffice to make your moOde player appear as a UPnP Renderer on your LAN. Then it's up to whatever app you are using to find it and stream to it.

As a diagnostic, there are a number of UPnP browser apps for Android which would allow you to look for UPnP "devices". 

Case in point, I have UPnP Tool installed on my phone. Just now it finds 8 UPnP devices on my LAN, including "MoodeLR DLNA" and "MoodeLR UPNP", where the first is the name I gave my moOde's DLNA server and the second is the name I gave my moOde's UPnP client.

Aside: tools like these are fun because they reveal how many UPnP services you have that you weren't aware were running (like 2 hidden services on my Verizon-FiOS router).

Regards,
Kent
(11-23-2018, 04:09 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(11-23-2018, 03:33 PM)flexyflow Wrote: Hi All,

Ta!

Hi, @flexyflow

There's not much actionable information here.

In moOde's Audio config panel, did you set UPnP Client for MPD "on"? That should be suffice to make your moOde player appear as a UPnP Renderer on your LAN. Then it's up to whatever app you are using to find it and stream to it.

As a diagnostic, there are a number of UPnP browser apps for Android which would allow you to look for UPnP "devices". 

Case in point, I have UPnP Tool installed on my phone. Just now it finds 8 UPnP devices on my LAN, including "MoodeLR DLNA" and "MoodeLR UPNP", where the first is the name I gave my moOde's DLNA server and the second is the name I gave my moOde's UPnP client.

Aside: tools like these are fun because they reveal how many UPnP services you have that you weren't aware were running (like 2 hidden services on my Verizon-FiOS router).

Regards,
Kent

Hi Kent,

Cheers for the reply. I wasn't really sure what type of info would be relevant hence the lack of it.
I do have the upnp on and I can see moode through several app/soft. So in theory it should work fine.
However it doesn't. When I use streamwhatyouhear on windows, nothing happens though I can share a link to my phone and then the streaming works).
While using app (for example allconnect), it seems to connect to moode but ultimately the video 'fail to load'
Slightly baffling really...

Good tip for the dnla tool, may check what's on at home!
Your symptoms suggest something external to moOde software.

You should ask the developers of these apps why they don't work with the widely deployed upmpdcli from JFD.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(11-24-2018, 01:15 AM)Tim Curtis Wrote: Your symptoms suggest something external to moOde software.

You should ask the developers of these apps why they don't work with the widely deployed upmpdcli from JFD.

-Tim

Thanks for comments all, I continued searching through software and finally found these two options:

Android - Bubble Upnp (had discarded this option as it gave me troubles with Rune)
Windows - youtube plugin for Foobar 2k