Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem Integrated BT adapter and bluetooth renderer
Hello, i think i found a problem.

When the integrated BT adapter is off, and you set on the bluetooth renderer, moode ui stops responding.

It make no sense to set on the bluetooth renderer when integrated BT is off, but if u make this mistake, you can no longer access to Configure - System to repair even if u reboot. You can still go to Playback/Music/Radio, but you can no longer access to configure-system/audio/source/sources etc..

Only way to repair this, is to edit /boot/config.txt, comment dtoverlay=pi3-disable-bt and reboot.

It happen with 4.3 and 4.4 and 2 raspberry 3B+

Steps for reproduce:

Turn off integrated BT adapter (configure/system)
Reboot
Turn on bluetooth renderer (configure/audio)
UI stops responding
Hi,

In some cases users turns off the integrated BT adapter in order to use a USB BT adapter and thus even though the setting is OFF I still have to allow BT renderer to be turned ON.

Ideally, the BT renderer setting would be disabled if there were no BT adapter present, as in your case, but unfortunately I've not been able to find any method for detecting BT adapter presense.

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
Ok thanks for the answer, I will let the integrated bluetooth activate to avoid any problems Smile