Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Spotify Connect failures on Moode 4.4
My first post so apologies if the formatting isn't right.

I’ve also been having some issues with spotify connect via moode and thought I would post my findings here in case it helps anyone.

Spotify connect was all working fine for a while (about a week), but then it stop working.  By checking the processes running I managed to determine that librespot started and then pretty much stoped straight away.  This was consistent behaviour.

I then enabled the debug in the playerlib.php as suggested by Tim, and got the following output.

Code:
INFO:librespot_core::session: Connecting to AP "gew1-accesspoint-b-kvtg.ap.spotify.com:4070"
thread 'main' panicked at 'Authentication failed with reason: BadCredentials', core/src/connection/mod.rs:93:21
stack backtrace:

I have a premium account so thats not the issue.
From the moode log I saw the command that was being run was

Code:
20190104 194642 worker: (librespot --name "PiSpotify3" --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 0 --cache /var/local/www/spotify_cache --disable-audio-c
ache --backend alsa --device "plughw:0" --onevent /var/local/www/commandw/spotevent.sh -v > /home/pi/librespot.txt 2>&1 &)

I then ran this command from the shell direct and go the same error.

I had previously run librespot with minimal parameters from the shell OK, so I thought the issue might be the parameters.  I started removing the parameters one by one (starting with the last).
Eventually I got to 

Code:
librespot --name "PiSpotify3" --bitrate 320 --initial-volume 0

which was the first one that ran OK.  So my thought was that the issue was with the --cache parameter.

I then went back to the code in playerlib.php and removed the —cache parameter.  rebooted.

the spotify now works fine :-)

I have a theory.  I did change my spotify account soon before I started using moose with spotify connect. My old account was not premium, but my new account is premium.  I wonder if I connect with an old device (phone) and it had the old account details, and somehow the cache was using the old account.  This might be similar to users that had a similar issue and found that running librespot direct from the shell with the user name and password sorted their problem.  This is just a theory though.  I have not gone back and try to prove it.

Andy

S Y S T E M    P A R A M E T E R S  

Date and time = 2019-01-04 19:56:01
System uptime = up 9 minutes
Timezone = Europe/London
moOde = Release 4.4 2018-12-09

HDWR REV = Pi-1B+ 512MB
A U D I O    P A R A M E T E R S  

Audio device = HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro
Interface = I2S
Hdwr volume = Controller detected
Mixer name = Digital