Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: Can't make moode player work with Kali reclocker
Hi people!
I am new here with moode player and I have stuck with one problem.

After I have seen that new upgrade of moode player was out I was so happy because I could do easy install directly on SD card.

I have tried today to use Moode player after successfully installed last night. But now I have problem with Allo Kali reclocker. 
When feed with music Kali turns on/of lights Full, Lock, Empty all the time ...and of course....there is no music out.

I have tried to change from 24/176.4 to 16/44.1 and later to none...but it is still the same.

I had no problem while using Volumio going 24/176.4

What do I do wrong?

Do I need to change something in moode settings to get it work o
r do you think Kali could be problem?

Many thanks
See this thread Kali reclocker 2.1 by DRONE7, where this problem was raised and solved:
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...light=kali

Or search Kali user DRONE7

Good Luck
Ian
Couple things.

1. Devices like Kali are transparent to moOde software. It doesn't know whether a Kali is present or not.

2. Kali has a compatibility issue with 24 bit audio and the Linux 4.14.y kernel branch that results in audio glitches, white noise, etc. The fix is to set SoX resampling to 32 bit / * Khz.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
I have tried everything including SoX resampling to 32/* Khz. but still the same.

Thank you guys for all help and suggestion!
Hi!
I just wanted to report that finally everything works perfectly!

At the and I have pulled last possible option.

I went to buy new micro SD card...installed Moode player on it and now it works!  

Cheers!
Lightbulb 
(01-21-2019, 02:39 PM)nikola Wrote: Hi!
I just wanted to report that finally everything works perfectly!

At the and I have pulled last possible option.

I went to buy new micro SD card...installed Moode player on it and now it works!  

Cheers!

I am having the same issue and wanted to ask whether reinstalling was the solution?

Otherwise, attached are some screenshots that show my configuration where activating Kali produces no output. Some notes from my experience:
- HW Setup: Raspberry Pi 4 2GB, Kali, Piano 2.1 with Allo Power Supply. However, the power supply came with the wrong adapter and while waiting for the new one, I have put jumper wires to the Optional power supply pins of Kali
- I have a stereo setup (two identical speakers with no sub)
- Tried streaming via NFS, Spotify Connect and UPNP from my PC
- The audio seems to be playing but no audio is outputted. Piano has the two mute LEDs and they are green (they should be if there is audio)
- Changing the sample rate had no effect. I have tried 16, 24, 32 bit / * kHz as well as selecting specific kHz
- Enabling/Disabling multithreading has no effect
- Volume Control: HW, SW or Disable have the same results
- Changing the output mode to options other than Stereo had no effect
- Changing driver version option to disable Kali "fixes" it. (glb_mclk)
- I have also read the other thread (http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...light=kali)
Versions:
- MoOde 6.4.2. Installed via img.
- Linux Kernel 4.19.97-v7l #1293

Screenshots:
Moode About:    
Audio Config:    
Chip Device Options:    
MPD Config:     
Output of piano.sh:     
This worked for me...
http://moodeaudio.org/forum/showthread.p...48#pid7248

Both dip switches on the piano 2.1 set to OFF and glb_mclk enabled.

The only other difference I see from your screenshots is that you use Software Volume   and I have Volume Disabled.
----------
bob
(03-30-2020, 10:36 PM)DRONE7 Wrote: This worked for me...

The only other difference I see from your screenshots is that you use Software Volume   and I have Volume Disabled.

Thank you! It was indeed the RPI Compatibility switches that were set to on.
(03-31-2020, 07:13 AM)thege Wrote:

yes...strange that...if the piano 2.1 is used with a Raspberry Pi the switch needs to be on....
BUT if the piano 2.1 is used with a kali the switch needs to be off...because the kali is the mclk and not a Pi without mclk...
Not very intuitive and not mentioned anywhere in the Allo documentation... Wink
Rolleyes Rolleyes 
Great that it is working.!  I guess like me you breathed a sigh of relief... Wink
----------
bob
(03-31-2020, 07:19 AM)DRONE7 Wrote:
(03-31-2020, 07:13 AM)thege Wrote:

yes...strange that...if the piano 2.1 is used with a Raspberry Pi the switch needs to be on....
BUT if the piano 2.1 is used with a kali the switch needs to be off...because the kali is the mclk and not a Pi without mclk...
Not very intuitive and not mentioned anywhere in the Allo documentation... Wink
Rolleyes Rolleyes 
Great that it is working.!  I guess like me you breathed a sigh of relief... Wink

Yes more documentation from Allo would definitely help and yes it was a nice sigh of relief to know that my purchase was not unusable at 1am Big Grin