Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 7.1.0 release
(02-15-2021, 02:27 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(02-15-2021, 12:22 PM)officialsm Wrote: Mhy request is aboyt volume knob if Moode will be used on enclosure with this kind of hardware.
I setted uo maximum value (10 if i rememeber correctly) but when i rotate the knob i need much rotation in order to have significant increase/decrease of volume level.
Is it possible to provide more values on configuration?

There's an ambiguity in the language in this part of the Audio Config panel. "Volume knob" is used in two ways.

The information popup for the Volume Step Limit setting says "Sets the maximum amount the volume knob will advance...." This refers to the volume roundel in the WebUI which can be manipulated by mouse or finger as if it were a physical knob.

The USB volume knob, on the other hand, refers to a physical device. The feature was developed with the idea that advancing the knob one detent position (click) yields one step up or down in volume.

Currently there's no user-adjustable step setting to change this. What would you suggest the option(s) should be?

Regards,
Kent

Could be useful can have user-adjustable knob detent position (click) or rotation if there is a physical device connected in order to have more rotation or less rotaion (or click) for each volume changing.
In my configuration i have to do lots or rotaion (same as click) on  my physical kno volume aadjust.
Thanks for all the work you're putting in to this - I put off spending big money on a miniDSP when I realized CamillaDSP with Moode could be an active crossover for biamping mains + a sub and also do room correction! Really looking forward to the release of 7.1.0. I'd be keen to help test if you'd like - I spent a day trying to build an image using the latest code from github but decided to wait for the release when I got stuck.
I can add you to the Test Team if you would like to try ready made 710 test images. Feedback on the super nice CamillaDSP integration would be very helpful :-)

-Tim
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(02-15-2021, 12:22 PM)officialsm Wrote: Mhy request is aboyt volume knob if Moode will be used on enclosure with this kind of hardware.
I setted uo maximum value (10 if i rememeber correctly) but when i rotate the knob i need much rotation in order to have significant increase/decrease of volume level.
Is it possible to provide more values on configuration?

With some linux skills you can edit:

sudo nano /etc/triggerhappy/triggers.d/media.conf

In the picture below the step values: vol.sh -up / vol.sh -dn are set to 2. That are my settings!
Default value is 1 in both cases. So volume increases twice in my case.

Finish with CTRL + O and CTRL + X, then reboot.

Best regards
Norbert

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thank you.
Is known reelase date for 7.1 ?
(02-16-2021, 01:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I can add you to the Test Team if you would like to try ready made 710 test images. Feedback on the super nice CamillaDSP integration would be very helpful :-)

-Tim

That'd be great if you could - I don't really have programming experience so wouldn't be all that helpful but would be more than happy to test out the CamillaDSP integration and give some feedback.
(02-13-2021, 07:50 PM)officialsm Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 02:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 01:15 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 12:55 PM)officialsm Wrote: Hi,
can we have better integration with QObuz (and Tidal)?

Not without some developer contributing a 'better integration'. 

Right now moOde depends on the upmpdcli developer to keep up with the twists and turns of the streaming services. 

Integrating the Tidal service is particularly dodgy because it depends on a secret key which has to be copied from somewhere else. Tidal keeps changing it. 

It seems to me the Qobuz integration isn't too bad now*. With updates in upcoming moOde 7.1.0, the Qobuz service however is getting to be about as good as it can be without major retooling.

There's more than one way to access these services. I suppose someone  Rolleyes should write a little HowTo.

Regards,
Kent

*I am not a Qobuz user but just this week started a 30-day trial subscription for testing purposes.

These paid music services can only be integrated to a point in Free Open Source Software like moOde because their API's are proprietary and licensed. It is possible to use them though to develop a user installable plugin that would provide access to the service directly from within moOde but our project would then be responsible for paying the monthly/annual license fees to the music service providers. There are also.minimum fees that have to paid and the service may not even grant a license if they don't feel that there are enough potential users to guarantee the minimum fees can be met.

These fees would need to be recovered by our project and this would mean a monthly subscription charge for use of the plugin. This means that a user would need to pay a monthly subscription fee to the Music Service and an additional monthly subscription fee to our project for use of the service within moOde. I dunno about that double-fee model... Personally if I absolutely had to have in-player access to Music Services I'd just go for something like Roon that has all the bells and whistles.

Another issue though is whether our project even wants to get involved in paid software and subscription services. I'm not particularly interested in going down that route and I think keeping moOde Free has many advantages for both the project, the developers, and our users.

-Tim
Hi Tim, thank you explaning me.
My question is if today Qobuz with Moode 7.0.1, throgh client like BubbleUPNP is working or not. I have an issue and i cannot stream from Qobuz.
Thank for your reply.

But Roon can be bought on a non-monthly basis.
A similarly purchasable plugin for Qobuz would interest me.
musical regards

y.
(02-17-2021, 10:28 AM)classd Wrote:
(02-16-2021, 01:50 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote: I can add you to the Test Team if you would like to try ready made 710 test images. Feedback on the super nice CamillaDSP integration would be very helpful :-)

-Tim

That'd be great if you could - I don't really have programming experience so wouldn't be all that helpful but would be more than happy to test out the CamillaDSP integration and give some feedback.

You should be all set. Refresh the Forum main page and the Test Team sub-forum should appear. Open the thread titled "moOde 7 test releases" and page back a bit. There is a post with the download links to TR1.
Enjoy the Music!
(02-17-2021, 10:56 AM)yannig Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 07:50 PM)officialsm Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 02:40 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 01:15 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:
(02-13-2021, 12:55 PM)officialsm Wrote: Hi,
can we have better integration with QObuz (and Tidal)?

Not without some developer contributing a 'better integration'. 

Right now moOde depends on the upmpdcli developer to keep up with the twists and turns of the streaming services. 

Integrating the Tidal service is particularly dodgy because it depends on a secret key which has to be copied from somewhere else. Tidal keeps changing it. 

It seems to me the Qobuz integration isn't too bad now*. With updates in upcoming moOde 7.1.0, the Qobuz service however is getting to be about as good as it can be without major retooling.

There's more than one way to access these services. I suppose someone  Rolleyes should write a little HowTo.

Regards,
Kent

*I am not a Qobuz user but just this week started a 30-day trial subscription for testing purposes.

These paid music services can only be integrated to a point in Free Open Source Software like moOde because their API's are proprietary and licensed. It is possible to use them though to develop a user installable plugin that would provide access to the service directly from within moOde but our project would then be responsible for paying the monthly/annual license fees to the music service providers. There are also.minimum fees that have to paid and the service may not even grant a license if they don't feel that there are enough potential users to guarantee the minimum fees can be met.

These fees would need to be recovered by our project and this would mean a monthly subscription charge for use of the plugin. This means that a user would need to pay a monthly subscription fee to the Music Service and an additional monthly subscription fee to our project for use of the service within moOde. I dunno about that double-fee model... Personally if I absolutely had to have in-player access to Music Services I'd just go for something like Roon that has all the bells and whistles.

Another issue though is whether our project even wants to get involved in paid software and subscription services. I'm not particularly interested in going down that route and I think keeping moOde Free has many advantages for both the project, the developers, and our users.

-Tim
Hi Tim, thank you explaning me.
My question is if today Qobuz with Moode 7.0.1, throgh client like BubbleUPNP is working or not. I have an issue and i cannot stream from Qobuz.
Thank for your reply.

But Roon can be bought on a non-monthly basis.
A similarly purchasable plugin for Qobuz would interest me.

Right, but it's something like $700.
Enjoy the Music!
Hi,
is it possible ot be also a betatester for the 7.1?
I use convolving all the time, different software solutions over time, so this is very interesting for me.

BR
Erich