Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Problem: local display with AVR stalls
Yesterday I finally got the chance to connect it directly to the TV.  I got the same behavior.  Just now I tried it with a 7" HDMI display. Got the same result. One interesting thing.  With display mouse cursor on and a mouse connected the mouse didn't respond although the cursor appeared.

I'm leaning to the theory that the 3A+ isn't strong enough to handle local display.  Next step is to try a Pi 4.
(01-19-2023, 04:09 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: Yesterday I finally got the chance to connect it directly to the TV.  I got the same behavior.  Just now I tried it with a 7" HDMI display. Got the same result. One interesting thing.  With display mouse cursor on and a mouse connected the mouse didn't respond although the cursor appeared.

I'm leaning to the theory that the 3A+ isn't strong enough to handle local display.  Next step is to try a Pi 4.

I've used local HDMI display on a 3A+ and no issues.

Maybe try a fresh image on a known good uSD card with a good power supply.
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(01-19-2023, 04:49 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(01-19-2023, 04:09 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: Yesterday I finally got the chance to connect it directly to the TV.  I got the same behavior.  Just now I tried it with a 7" HDMI display. Got the same result. One interesting thing.  With display mouse cursor on and a mouse connected the mouse didn't respond although the cursor appeared.

I've used local HDMI display on a 3A+ and no issues.

Maybe try a fresh image on a known good uSD card with a good power supply.

Semi-solved?  I tried a Pi 2B with an ethernet connection and it works. 

I know the card in the 3A+ is in good shape, I double checked it with the windows disk utility and a freeware one.  It may be the 3A+.  The wifi connection shouldn't be a problem since it's about a foot from the router it's connected to.  The 3A+ has no problem with the web interface when it's not connected to a local display.  Using a desktop or my tablet response time is good. 

I'm happy to find a use for the 2B.