Thank you for your donation!

Cloudsmith graciously provides open-source package management and distribution for our project.

Thread Closed 
Upcoming moOde 9.0.0 (Bookworm)
(05-05-2024, 03:00 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote:
(05-05-2024, 02:23 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:
(05-05-2024, 02:12 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: On my Pi 4 when I set a static IP all ports get closed.  With DHCP it works fine.  I haven't tried doing it from the command line.

What do you mean by "all ports get closed"?

There are no open ports from 0 to 65K.  I can't connect via HTTP or SSH.  It's visible on the network but unreachable.  When I allow random address assignment the standard ports are open.  I'm leaving shortly but will be back this afternoon Pacific.  I've set local display on and will try a static IP again to see what I can see.

When a static IP address is set on a client there needs to be a configuration somewhere (/etc/hosts) in the Router to associate the IP address with a host name otherwise accessing by host won't work.

I tested static ip configs on both Ethernet and WiFi on my network and no issues with ssh pi@IP_ADDRESS or http://IP_ADDRESS
Enjoy the Music!
moodeaudio.org | Mastodon Feed | GitHub
(05-05-2024, 02:12 PM)nosferatu_cat Wrote: On my Pi 4 when I set a static IP all ports get closed.  With DHCP it works fine.  I haven't tried doing it from the command line.

I guess I can assume you're talking about some pre-release of r900 since you posted to this thread but I can't assume anything else. Ethernet connection? WiFi connection? Both??? Details matter.

ETA

As a followup, I just disabled the WiFi connection on my Pi4B running m900pre~5 so only there's only an Ethernet connection. Then I changed the Ethernet connection from DHCP (which had assigned the player IP = 10.0.0.122) to Static IP = 10.0.0.251 and filled in appropriate Gateway, etc., info. Rebooted.

Now, from my laptop

Code:
:~$ nmap -sT 10.0.0.251
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2024-05-05 14:25 EDT
Nmap scan report for 10.0.0.251
Host is up (0.018s latency).
Not shown: 996 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
80/tcp   open  http
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
5357/tcp open  wsdapi

Regards,
Kent
Just an FYI that upcoming pre6 (maybe next week) will include an update to the UPnP stack to the latest 1.8.10 release. This release also includes a new Tidal plugin from an earlier 1.8.3 release. See below from the release notes.

Code:
2023-09-17
Upmpdcli 1.8.3: new Tidal module by Giovanni Fulco. Tidal is back !
Enjoy the Music!
I get channels swapped, when playing 5.1. There is a fix for alsa, which probably should be added for vc4hdmi device, but I don't know where its config is. For test I have replaced _audioout.conf with this:

Code:
pcm._audioout {
 type route
 slave.pcm "default:vc4hdmi"
 slave.channels 8
 ttable {
   0.0 1
   1.1 1
   2.6 1
   3.7 1
   4.3 1
   5.2 1
   6.4 1
   7.5 1
 }
}
This works for 5.1, but I'm not sure if it is correct for 7.1. I don't have 7 speakers. I did some testing with rear channels blocked and it didn't sound right.
(05-05-2024, 05:45 PM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote:

I guess I can assume you're talking about some pre-release of r900 since you posted to this thread but I can't assume anything else. Ethernet connection? WiFi connection? Both??? Details matter.

ETA

As a followup, I just disabled the WiFi connection on my Pi4B running m900pre~5 so only there's only an Ethernet connection. Then I changed the Ethernet connection from DHCP (which had assigned the player IP = 10.0.0.122) to Static IP = 10.0.0.251 and filled in appropriate Gateway, etc., info. Rebooted.

Now, from my laptop

Code:
:~$ nmap -sT 10.0.0.251
Starting Nmap 7.80 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2024-05-05 14:25 EDT
Nmap scan report for 10.0.0.251
Host is up (0.018s latency).
Not shown: 996 closed ports
PORT     STATE SERVICE
22/tcp   open  ssh
80/tcp   open  http
111/tcp  open  rpcbind
5357/tcp open  wsdapi

Regards,
Kent

Wifi connection.  I set the static address through the networking setup screen as I always have.
(05-05-2024, 03:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

There are no open ports from 0 to 65K.  I can't connect via HTTP or SSH.  It's visible on the network but unreachable.  When I allow random address assignment the standard ports are open.  I'm leaving shortly but will be back this afternoon Pacific.  I've set local display on and will try a static IP again to see what I can see.

When a static IP address is set on a client there needs to be a configuration somewhere (/etc/hosts) in the Router to associate the IP address with a host name otherwise accessing by host won't work.

I tested static ip configs on both Ethernet and WiFi on my network and no issues with ssh pi@IP_ADDRESS or http://IP_ADDRESS

Hmm...  I've always set a static IP address for Moode setups using the networking config screen.  This is the first time I've ever had a problem doing it that way.  I've done it from the router and from Moode in the past. I just double checked the router to make sure I hadn't reserved the address.
@nosferatu_cat 

Quote:Wifi connection.  I set the static address through the networking setup screen as I always have.

Ok, so I tried it that way too---no Ethernet and only WiFi. I got the same result I got with a wired connection. Four open ports detected by nmap and I have access to the player (a different one physically but also m900pre5) via webUI and ssh.

Not a clue what's happening to your setup.

As an aside, I believe reserving IP addresses in the router is better practice than setting static IPs in the player's interfaces.

ETA

After ignoring this player for an hour or so I tried to connect to the webUI again and couldn't. The player's interface was still detected by ping but nmap now found all ports were closed. 

I spent some 10 minutes trying to understand what was happening when suddenly I found the ports open again and full access restored.

There's nothing in the journal log to suggest what's happening. This is a head-scratcher for sure but I'll keep looking for clues.

Regards,
Kent
(05-06-2024, 12:44 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @nosferatu_cat 

Quote:Wifi connection.  I set the static address through the networking setup screen as I always have.

Ok, so I tried it that way too---no Ethernet and only WiFi. I got the same result I got with a wired connection. Four open ports detected by nmap and I have access to the player (a different one physically but also m900pre5) via webUI and ssh.

As an aside, I believe reserving IP addresses in the router is better practice than setting static IPs in the player's interfaces.

ETA

After ignoring this player for an hour or so I tried to connect to the webUI again and couldn't. The player's interface was still detected by ping but nmap now found all ports were closed. 

I spent some 10 minutes trying to understand what was happening when suddenly I found the ports open again and full access restored.

There's nothing in the journal log to suggest what's happening. This is a head-scratcher for sure but I'll keep looking for clues.

Regards,
Kent

Interesting.

Maybe something to do with the .nmconnection files?
Enjoy the Music!
(05-06-2024, 12:14 AM)nosferatu_cat Wrote:
(05-05-2024, 03:13 PM)Tim Curtis Wrote:

Hmm...  I've always set a static IP address for Moode setups using the networking config screen.  This is the first time I've ever had a problem doing it that way.  I've done it from the router and from Moode in the past.  I just double checked the router to make sure I hadn't reserved the address.

This AM I tried a fresh install of v 8.3.9 instead of pre 5.  I set the static IP from the network config screen and on reboot was able to connect to the new IP.  I didn't do anything with the router.  The router DHCP reserved address section does not show the IP I configured from Moode.  This is the behavior I've seen since I started using Moode.
(05-06-2024, 12:44 AM)TheOldPresbyope Wrote: @nosferatu_cat 

ETA

Regards,
Kent

I agree that reserving the IP address on the router is better.  I was just surprised that in pre 5 it didn't work in the way I've seen in the versions of Moode I've used in the past.